Volleyball BC is a non-profit organization that actively encourages participation and fosters the development of volleyball in BC. As the provincial sport governing body, we are dedicated to making volleyball accessible to all British Columbians. Volleyball BC offers programs for athletes of all ages ranging from grassroots to high performance, as well as for coaches and officials.
We are seeking candidates for positions on the VBC Board of Directors:
- Vice-President (2-year term) – responsible for the documentation of all amendments to the Society’s By-Laws, will be responsible for the documentation of all policies approved by the Board, will cause to be recorded the minutes of all meetings of the Board and Members, will give due notice to all Members of the meeting of the Members of the Society, and will perform such other duties as may from time to time be established by the Board.
- Athlete Representative (2-year term) – represents the interests of the high performance athletes in any Board discussions that affect high performance training, competition, hosting and/or the ability of the athletes to perform, will liaison between high performance athletes and the Board, and will ensure that communication takes place between high performance athletes regarding issues of interest and impact to the high performance programs.
- Member-at-Large (2-year term)
For more information about the nominations process and the role of a Director on the Volleyball BC Board, please click here.
Volleyball BC has a skills-based and governance Board. At this time, we particularly welcome individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a Team BC or national team player in indoor or beach volleyball (for the Athlete Representative position).
Volleyball BC is committed to encouraging diversity, inclusion, equity and access in its administration and governance. We support applications that reflect the diversity of our membership on our Board and Committees.
A Nominations Committee will review all nominations and communicate them to members in advance of the 2024 Annual General Meeting, which will take place electronically on May 14, 2024 at 6.30pm PDT.
To register for the AGM click here.
In addition to Board members, we also welcome expressions of interest from individuals interested in being involved in one of our Committees. Being on a Committee is a rewarding way to support volleyball in BC, develop new skills and relationships, and decide whether you might be interested in getting involved on the Board.
The following Committees are open for membership:
- Awards Committee
- Safe Sport Advisory Group
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- High Performance Advisory Committee
- Pacific Volleyball Society Board – note: this is a partnership Board established by Volleyball BC, the Richmond Olympic Oval, and Volleyball Canada to support the Women’s National Team in Richmond.