join us at volleyball bc!
As the governing body for volleyball in British Columbia, Volleyball BC offers membership to all players, coaches, referees and supporters. We are committed to serving all of the volleyball community in BC and our members are the backbone of our organization. If you are passionate about volleyball and want to get involved, joining Volleyball BC is the best way to support the development of our sport in the province.
membership categories and fees
- You may belong to multiple categories of membership. In this case you will only pay the greater of the fees being incurred. When membership categories are added at a later time, you will only pay an additional fee if there’s a difference between the fees already paid and the fees of the new role(s) being added to their account.
- Individuals registering as an Official must be carded as an Official in order to register.
- Individuals registering as an Indoor Competitive Player or Indoor Competitive Coach must have been selected for a team by an approved Volleyball BC club.
- All membership and recreational fees are non-refundable.
what is the difference between the recreational Indoor category and the indoor competitive member?
competitive indoor member
- Individuals must be participating in a club that is In Good Standing with Volleyball BC and that has completed all the Return to Play steps required by Volleyball BC.
- This membership permits participation in competitive activities including any games against other clubs or teams, Volleyball BC competitions, and the Volleyball BC club season. It also permits participation in Volleyball Canada competitions.
- Valid for the membership year for all competitive programming that the individual attends at registered clubs and organizations.
- Competitive Membership is also valid for all recreational programming run by clubs and organizations In Good Standing with Volleyball BC during the year.
- Includes liability coverage and sport accident coverage.
- Includes voting privileges at the Volleyball BC AGM.
recreational indoor player/ coach category
- This category permits participation in in-house and recreational programming only. It does not permit participation in competitive activities including games against other external clubs or teams, tournaments or the club season. It also does not permit participation in Volleyball Canada competitions.
- Individuals must be participating in a club that is In Good Standing with Volleyball BC and that has completed all the Return to Play steps required by Volleyball BC
- Valid for the membership year for all recreational programming that the individual attends at registered clubs and organizations.
- Fee is upgradeable to a competitive membership should the individual become a competitive member during the upcoming season (the member will only pay the difference in the cost to upgrade).
- Includes liability coverage only.
- Does not permit voting at the Volleyball BC AGM.
what are the benefits of membership?
We are first and foremost a membership organisation and take pride in our ability to service the needs of our members. Your support and membership allows us to provide the following benefits and services to the volleyball community:
For any membership enquiries please email [email protected]