As the governing body for volleyball in British Columbia, Volleyball BC offers membership to all players, coaches, referees and supporters. We are committed to serving all of the volleyball community in BC and our members are the backbone of our organization. If you are passionate about volleyball and want to get involved, joining Volleyball BC is the best way to support the development of our sport in the province!
Membership Fees – 2022-23
|Membership Type||Volleyball |
General VBC Member
Recreational Player Category – Youth or Adult (Indoor or Outdoor)
Recreational Coach Category – Youth or Adult (Indoor or Outdoor)
Indoor Competitive Player – 12U
Indoor Competitive Player – 13U-18U
Indoor Competitive Coach
Outdoor Competitive Player – Youth
Outdoor Competitive Coach
Referee – Junior
Referee- Level 1 (Local)
Additional Level 1 beach fee
Referee- Level 2 (Provincial)
Additional Level 2 beach fee
Referee- Level 3 (Regional)
Additional Level 3 beach fee
Referee- Level 4 (National)
Additional Level 4 beach fee
Referee- Level 5 (International)
- All membership fees run September 1, 2022-August 31, 2023.
- You may belong to multiple categories of membership. In this case you will only pay the greater of the fees being incurred. When membership categories are added at a later time, you will only pay an additional fee if there’s a difference between the fees already paid and the fees of the new role(s) being added to their account.
- Individuals registering as an Official must be carded as an Official in order to register.
- Individuals registering as an Indoor Competitive Player or Indoor Competitive Coach must have been selected for a team by an approved Volleyball BC club.
- All membership and recreational fees are non-refundable.
What’s the difference between the Recreational Indoor Category and an Indoor Competitive Membership?
Competitive Indoor Membership
- Individuals must be participating in a club that is In Good Standing with Volleyball BC and that has completed all the Return to Play steps required by Volleyball BC.
- This membership permits participation in competitive activities including any games against other clubs or teams, Volleyball BC competitions, and the Volleyball BC club season.
- Valid for the membership year for all competitive programming that the individual attends at registered clubs and organisations.
- Competitive Membership is also valid for all recreational programming run by clubs and organisations In Good Standing with Volleyball BC during the year.
- Includes liability coverage and sport accident coverage.
- Includes voting privileges at the Volleyball BC AGM.
Recreational Indoor Category
- This category permits participation in in-house and recreational programming only. It does not permit participation in competitive activities including games against other external clubs or teams, tournaments, or the club season.
- Individuals must be participating in a club that is In Good Standing with Volleyball BC and that has completed all the Return to Play steps required by Volleyball BC
- Valid for the membership year for all recreational programming that the individual attends at registered clubs and organisations.
- Fee is upgradeable to a competitive membership should the individual become a competitive member during the upcoming season (the member will only pay the difference in the cost to upgrade).
- Includes liability coverage only.
- Does not permit voting at the Volleyball BC AGM.
Benefits of Membership
We are first and foremost a membership organisation and take pride in our ability to service the needs of our members. We are excited to let you know that a variety of discounts and benefits are available to Volleyball BC members through our generous partners and sponsors. In addition, your support and membership allows us to provide the following benefits and services to the volleyball community:
Athlete Development and Programs
– Grassroots programs.
– Camps, clinics and programs.
– Indoor and beach tournaments, events, and competitions.
– Club competition structure and governance
– Regional and Provincial -Championships.
– Hosting of National Championships in BC to reduce travel costs for members.
– Long Term Development models.
– Team BC Athlete/Coach identification and programming.
– High Performance Competitions (Canada Cup, Canada Summer Games, BC Summer Games).
– National Excellence Program support.
Services, Governance & Support
– COVID-19 support, resources and guidelines.
– Sport advocacy at provincial and national levels.
– Policy and governance.
– Club support and guidance, including Regional Manager network.
– Legal guidance, waivers & liability concerns.
– Accident & Liability insurance for all registered clubs, teams, and individuals.
– Registration system.
– Volleyball Equipment and clothing sales.
– Hall of Fame Awards and Excellence Awards.
– Communication and promotional activities.
– Investment in equipment and facilities.
– Event hosting and participation.
– Safe Sport Policies: training, screening, monitoring and approval of coaches.
– National Coaching Certification Program: progressive tracking and on-going professional development.
– Coach resources, webinars and clinics.
– Safe Sport Policies: training, screening, monitoring and approval of referees.
– Referee training & certification.
– Referee development funding for regional committees.
– Assignment of referees.
For any membership enquiries please email [email protected]