harry jerome sports centre
The Harry Jerome Sports Center is a 53,000 sf sports facility located in Burnaby, BC. (20 mins from Downtown Vancouver).
It is the primary programming location for many volleyball & other sporting events as well as the home of the Volleyball BC offices.
Looking for a venue for your upcoming tournament or event? The HJSC can be rented by the court/hour or as a facility! Click the ‘BOOK NOW’ button below to book a court via our new online platform provided by CatchCorner. Available bookings on CatchCorner expire two hours in advance of the designated start time.
THE HJSC WILL BE CLOSED FROM JANUARY 16TH TO MARCH 31ST AS THE DOME ROOF IS BEING REPLACED
Rental sessions end/ begin at the same time.
Please limit the amount of personal belongings brought into HJSC.
General Hygiene Considerations
- Guests should wash their hands before and immediately following activities.
- Guests should avoid touching one’s face throughout activities.
- Guests should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash their hands, or sneeze/cough into their elbow.
Guests are encouraged to wear a mask during activities
Common Areas and Services
- Please follow all signage, markers and directions when inside HJSC.
- There is no access to the spectator seating, vending machine or changerooms at this time.
- Please respect the occupancy limits posted at the washrooms.
1. Collect your belongings and leave the court area at the end of your rental.
2. Please keep track of the time and be prompt in leaving the court to make room for the next group.
3. Please do not socialize or congregate in HJSC so that other guests are able to safely enjoy their sessions.
If guests do not adhere to these rules and protocols, they will be asked to leave HJSC.
Any violation of these rules may result in forfeit of the rental with no refund.
HJSC Facility Coordinator
Outside regular business hours/ weekends
604.291.2007 (facility attendant)
HJSC will be PROVIDING court rentals to groups/ teams only AT THIS TIME.
The Harry Jerome Sports Centre is the large white dome located at 7564 Barnet Highway in North Burnaby, approximately 1.5km east of the Hastings St. turn off to Simon Fraser University. Map here
Parking – view parking instructions here
During large events (January – April), the HSJC parking lot has controlled/paid parking. Please see attendants when you arrive and park only in assigned/ designated spaces. Vehicles improperly parked will be removed.
Additional overflow parking is 1km east at Barnet Park.
*NOTE – Do not block or park in the roundabout or on the highway. Observe all parking signage. Violators will be ticketed by the City and towed.*
There is no regular concession at the HJSC. Please inquire with the tournament director for details regarding a specific weekend. A number of restaurants are within close proximity – most located at Kensington Square (just up the Barnet on Hastings Street).
The HJSC hosts thousands of visitors each week. Contact the Facility Coordinator for more information on having signage up within the facility.