harry jerome sports centre
Click the ‘BOOK NOW’ button below to book a court via our new online platform provided by CatchCorner. Available bookings on CatchCorner expire two hours in advance of the designated start time.
The Harry Jerome Sports Center is a 53,000 sf sports facility located in Burnaby, BC. (20 mins from Downtown Vancouver). Harry Jerome Sports Center is a multi-sport facility that includes an indoor cycling track, 6 volleyball courts or 8 pickleball courts. Our facility is able to accommodate a variety of user groups including pickleball players, volleyball, indoor soccer, and many more.
It is the primary programming location for many volleyball & other sporting events as well as the home of the Volleyball BC offices.
Looking for a venue for your upcoming tournament or event? The HJSC can be rented by the court/hour or as a facility!
Facility Update – Snow
Harry Jerome Sport Center will remain closed this morning due to the weather and road conditions in the Lower Mainland. Our staff are working hard to clear the parking lot and ensure the facility is secured and safe for all user groups. All user groups who had bookings the morning of January 18, 2024 have been notified. Afternoon and evening bookings will be updated around noon to 1:00 PM regarding programs for the evening. Adult Leagues please watch for emails from the Adult League Manager.
An update will be provided tomorrow morning regarding the facility hours for Friday, January 19, 2024.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions please contact [email protected] or call 604-291-2007.
Volleyball BC/HJSC Operations
Updated: Thursday, January 18 at 9:50am.
WINTER COURT PROTOCOL
Please remove your outdoor shoes in the lobby/common areas before you enter the courts. This is to limit the amount of salt, water and sand on the courts and cycling track.
Please do not come in your court shoes. Bring shoes to change into. Benches are available by the tunnels and center entrance. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR SHOES on the courts.
Prices are subject to change.
1. To receive a full refund notice must be received 72 hours prior to the date and time of booking.
2. Bookings can receive a credit towards a future booking if cancelled with 48 hours notice.
3. Any cancellation made with less than 24 hours notice will not receive a refund or credit.
4. HJSC may give refunds or credits in the event of extenuating circumstances.
Refunds or credits will not be given to groups who were told to leave the facility prior to the start or prior to the completion of their booking due to poor behaviour, conduct, etc.
Groups who violate the rules of the facility may be asked not to return to the HJSC.
1. No alcohol is permitted on the premises including the parking lot and HJSC is non-smoking, non-vaping facility.
2. HJSC is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Lockers are available in both changerooms.
3. Please do not sit, climb, walk, run or leave belongings on the cycling track at any time.
4. There is no food or drink (except for water) permitted in the court area. ABSOLUTELY NO GUM IS PERMITTED ON THE COURTS OR CYCLING TRACK.
5.Ensure you adhere to all facility rules and flow of traffic signs.
6. No spitting at any time in the facility.
Rental sessions end/ begin at the same time.
General Hygiene Considerations
- Guests should wash their hands before and immediately following activities.
- Guests should avoid touching one’s face throughout activities.
- Guests should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash their hands, or sneeze/cough into their elbow.
1. Collect your belongings and leave the court area at the end of your rental.
2. Please keep track of the time and be prompt in leaving the court to make room for the next group.
If guests do not adhere to these rules and protocols, they will be asked to leave HJSC.
Any violation of these rules may result in forfeit of the rental with no refund.
Harry Jerome Sport Center is open from 8:45 am to 10:30 PM Sunday to Saturday.
We are closed or have adjusted operating hours on most statutory holidays.
Our current holiday schedule is subject to change. Most up to date schedule for 2024 is listed below.
HJSC will be closed on the following days:
- February 19 – Family Day
- May 20 – Victoria Day
- July 1 – Canada Day
- August 5 – BC Day
- September 2 – Labour Day
- December 24, 25, 26 – Christmas
Updates will be posted as the schedule may change.
HJSC Facility Coordinator
Outside regular business hours/ weekends
604.291.2007 (facility attendant)
The Harry Jerome Sports Centre is the large white dome located at 7564 Barnet Highway in North Burnaby, approximately 1.5km east of the Hastings St. turn off to Simon Fraser University. Map here
Parking – view parking instructions here
During large events (January – April), the HSJC parking lot has controlled/paid parking. Please see attendants when you arrive and park only in assigned/ designated spaces. Vehicles improperly parked will be removed.
Additional overflow parking is 1km east at Barnet Park.
*NOTE – Do not block or park in the roundabout or on the highway. Observe all parking signage. Violators will be ticketed by the City and towed.*
There is no regular concession at the HJSC. Please inquire with the tournament director for details regarding a specific weekend. A number of restaurants are within close proximity – most located at Kensington Square (just up the Barnet on Hastings Street).
The HJSC hosts thousands of visitors each week. Contact the Facility Coordinator for more information on having signage up within the facility.