harry jerome sports centre
The Harry Jerome Sports Center is a 53,000 sf sports facility located in Burnaby, BC. (20 mins from Downtown Vancouver).
It is the primary programming location for many volleyball & other sporting events as well as the home of the Volleyball BC offices.
Looking for a venue for your upcoming tournament or event? The HJSC can be rented by the court/hour or as a facility!
As per the current PHO restrictions, as of October 25, 2021, the Government of BC has released the following rules for sport:
– Regular game play with 14 players on the court is allowed. We suggest no more than 14 players per group.
– Any unpaid supervisor/coach/volunteer supervising or assisting with indoor and outdoor youth sport must show proof of vaccine (two doses).
– Any spectators must show proof of vaccine (two doses) at indoor sport and activities.
Indoor sport participants 22 and older must show proof of vaccine (two doses).
– Youth 12 and older participating in sport events and programs primarily with adults must show proof of vaccine (two doses).
– Organizers of events and programs must check proof of vaccination for indoor and outdoor sport.
– Youth participants (21 and under) in a child and youth sport event or program do not need to show proof of vaccination.
– Employees working in sport activities or programming in their employment capacity do not need to show proof of vaccination. Note that some organizations may require employees to show proof of vaccination as part of the terms of their employment.
Covid Passports – Adult program participants – participants will be required to present proof of double vaccination and valid government ID (as per BC Gov requirements) when entering the Harry Jerome Sport Centre.
Private adult court rentals are responsible to appoint a Group Ambassador to all participants affiliated with the rental provides proof of vaccination to the appointed Group Ambassador (as per BC Gov requirements) before entering the Harry Jerome Sport Centre. Vaccine Passports MUST be checked by the Group Ambassador prior to entering the the facility at each session. Failure to do so will result in suspension of booking privileges.
Harry Jerome Sport Centre staff may, at any time, request proof of vaccination and valid ID / perform random checks.
We are expecting ongoing and additional information and guidance from viaSport BC as we continue to move into the fall/ winter. Please check back for updated information.
As of Dec 6, the upcoming court availability at HJSC is as follows: This list may change at any time. Rentals are $150 / 2 hour block (=$75/hr) unless noted otherwise. (Weekend early sessions are $120 (=$60/hr) - see notes below)
Wed, Dec 8 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm ($120 sessions) Sat, Dec 11 - 4-6pm ($120 sessions) Sun, Dec 12 - 10-12pm ($120 session) Sun, Dec 12 - 8-10pm Mon, Dec 13 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm ($120 sessions) Tue, Dec 14 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm
Wed, Dec 15 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Thur, Dec 16 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Fri, Dec 17 - 4.30-6.30 ($120 sessions) Sun, Dec 19 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Mon, Dec 20 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Tue, Dec 21 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Wed, Dec 22 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm
Thur, Dec 23 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm
Mon, Dec 27 - 6-8pm (1 crt), 8-10pm (2 crts) Tues, Dec 28 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Wed, Dec 29 - 6-8pm, 8-10pm Thur, Dec 30 - 6-8pm (1 crt), 8-10pm Jan 2022 rental sessions will be posted soon
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability. All rental requests must be made by email.
Contracts will be emailed and must be signed and returned in advance to confirm the booking. Cancellations within 72 hours will receive 50% of the rental as credit towards a future booking. Cancellations made within 24 hours will not be refunded.
Rentals must be made by email – email@example.com
Please review all information above regarding COVID-19 protocols and updated facility procedures.
Reminder – as per the rental agreement – all rental groups must finish at the designated time and exit the facility within 10 minutes of the booking end time. Groups that do not adhere to ending times will not be welcome back
Please review Covid Passport information above.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters should be practiced.
- Please bring your own volleyballs. HJSC will not be lending balls for use by rental groups at this time.
Rental sessions end/ begin at the same time.
- Practices, games, and competitions for indoor and outdoor volleyball sports are allowed for youth and adults.
- The Gathering and Events Order prohibits bringing together more than 50 participants as a group, including coaches, officials and any other persons involved. The field of play for volleyball is 1 court. In line with the Order, there can never be more than 50 people on 1 field of play or 1 volleyball court. There may be multiple volleyball courts at a facility and these are considered separate fields of play. A volleyball program, activity or competition may operate over multiple fields of play but may never bring more than 50 people together collectively as part of the activity (eg. in an awards ceremony or social gathering).
- Up to 50 spectators are permitted for outdoor sport. Spectators are not allowed at any indoor sport activities. The only people allowed to attend indoor sport activities are those that provide care to a participant or player. For example, providing personal care or first aid to a player.
- Travel for sport is permitted within British Columbia.
- Physical distance is not required on court or in the field of play. Physical distance of 2 meters must be maintained off the field of play. Individuals should still seek to minimize physical contact wherever possible and should not engage in handshaking, high fives, hugging or similar behavior.
Please limit the amount of personal belongings brought into HJSC.
General Hygiene Considerations
- Guests should wash their hands before and immediately following activities.
- Guests should avoid touching one’s face throughout activities.
- Guests should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash their hands, or sneeze/cough into their elbow.
Guests are encouraged to wear a mask during activities
Common Areas and Services
- Please follow all signage, markers and directions when inside HJSC.
- There is no access to the spectator seating, vending machine or changerooms at this time.
- Please respect the occupancy limits posted at the washrooms.
1. Collect your belongings and leave the court area at the end of your rental.
2. Please keep track of the time and be prompt in leaving the court to make room for the next group.
3. Please do not socialize or congregate in HJSC so that other guests are able to safely enjoy their sessions.
If guests do not adhere to these rules and protocols, they will be asked to leave HJSC.
Any violation of these rules may result in forfeit of the rental with no refund.
HJSC will be PROVIDING court rentals to groups/ teams only AT THIS TIME.
The Harry Jerome Sports Centre is the large white dome located at 7564 Barnet Highway in North Burnaby, approximately 1.5km east of the Hastings St. turn off to Simon Fraser University. Map here
Parking – view parking instructions here
During large events (January – April), the HSJC parking lot has controlled/paid parking. Please see attendants when you arrive and park only in assigned/ designated spaces. Vehicles improperly parked will be removed.
Additional overflow parking is 1km east at Barnet Park.
*NOTE – Do not block or park in the roundabout or on the highway. Observe all parking signage. Violators will be ticketed by the City and towed.*
There is no regular concession at the HJSC. Please inquire with the tournament director for details regarding a specific weekend. A number of restaurants are within close proximity – most located at Kensington Square (just up the Barnet on Hastings Street).
The HJSC hosts thousands of visitors each week. Contact the Facility Manager for more information on having signage up within the facility.