harry jerome sports centre
The Harry Jerome Sports Center is a 53,000 sf sports facility located in Burnaby, BC. (20 mins from Downtown Vancouver).
It is the primary programming location for many volleyball & other sporting events as well as the home of the Volleyball BC offices.
Looking for a venue for your upcoming tournament or event? The HJSC can be rented by the court/hour or as a facility!
Summer 2021 – We are excited to welcome back indoor court rentals!
As per the current Stage 3 restrictions:
– Regular game play with 12 players on the court is allowed. We suggest no more than 14 players per group.
– There are no spectators at this time.
– Masks are suggested while moving to and from courts. Please follow all facility protocols regarding the use of masks. Coaches and referees should wear a mask at all times.
We are expecting ongoing and additional information and guidance from viaSport BC as we continue to move through the summer. Please check back for updated information.
As of Aug 3, the upcoming court availability at HJSC is as follows: This list may change at any time.
Rentals are $150 / 2 hour block (=$75/hr) unless noted otherwise. (Sat early sessions - 11-1, 1-3pm, and 3-5pm - are $120) Wed, Aug 4 - fully booked Thur, Aug 5 - fully booked Fri, Aug 6 - fully booked Sat, Aug 7 - 11am-1pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm ($120 sessions) Sat, Aug 7 - 5-7, 7-9pm Mon, Aug 9 - fully booked Wed, Aug 11 - fully booked Thur, Aug 12 - 6.30-8.30, 8.30-10.30 Fri, Aug 13 - 8.30-10.30 Sat, Aug 14 - 11am-1pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm ($120 sessions) Sat, Aug 14 - 5-7, 7-9pm Mon, Aug 16 - 6.30-8.30 (! court remaining), 8.30-10.30 (1 court remaining) Wed, Aug 18 - 8.30-10.30 (1 court remaining) Thur, Aug 19 - 8.30-10.30 Fri, Aug 20 - Fully booked - Cycle Event Sat, Aug 21 - Fully booked - Cycle Event Mon, Aug 23 - 6.30-8.30, 8.30-10.30 Wed, Aug 25 - 6.30-8.30 (1 court remaining) , 8.30-10.30 (1 court remaining) Thur, Aug 26 - 6.30-8.30, 8.30-10.30 Fri, Aug 27 - 6.30-8.30, 8.30-10.30 Sat, Aug 28 - 11am-1pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm ($120 sessions) Sat, Aug 28 - 5-7, 7-9pm Mon, Aug 30 - 6.30-8.30, 8.30-10.30 Wed, Sep 1 - 6.30-8.30 (1 court remaining), 8.30-10.30 (1 court remaining) Thur, Sep 2 - 8.30-10.30 Fri, Sep 3 - 6.30-8.30, 8.30-10.30 Sat, Sep 4- 11am-1pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm ($120 sessions) Sat, Sep 4 - 5-7, 7-9pm We will have limited rental openings the week of Tuesday, Sept 6 as the VBC Fall Leagues begin.
Please email email@example.com to inquire about availability. All rental requests must be made by email.
Contracts will be emailed and must be signed and returned in advance to confirm the booking. Cancellations within 72 hours will receive 50% of the rental as credit towards a future booking. Cancellations made within 24 hours will not be refunded.
Rentals must be made by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review all information below regarding COVID-19 protocols and updated facility procedures.
All participants will be asked to complete a waiver and health declaration when they arrive.
A copy of the waiver can be found at the link below. Please have all your group’s participants review the waiver in advance.
Reminder – as per the rental agreement – all rental groups must finish at the designated time and exit the facility within 10 minutes of the booking end time. Groups that do not adhere to ending times will not be welcome back
- Physical distancing of 2 meters should be practiced.
- Please bring your own volleyballs. HJSC will not be lending balls for use by rental groups at this time.
Rental sessions end/ begin at the same time.
- Practices, games, and competitions for indoor and outdoor volleyball sports are allowed for youth and adults.
- The Gathering and Events Order prohibits bringing together more than 50 participants as a group, including coaches, officials and any other persons involved. The field of play for volleyball is 1 court. In line with the Order, there can never be more than 50 people on 1 field of play or 1 volleyball court. There may be multiple volleyball courts at a facility and these are considered separate fields of play. A volleyball program, activity or competition may operate over multiple fields of play but may never bring more than 50 people together collectively as part of the activity (eg. in an awards ceremony or social gathering).
- Up to 50 spectators are permitted for outdoor sport. Spectators are not allowed at any indoor sport activities. The only people allowed to attend indoor sport activities are those that provide care to a participant or player. For example, providing personal care or first aid to a player.
- Travel for sport is permitted within British Columbia.
- Physical distance is not required on court or in the field of play. Physical distance of 2 meters must be maintained off the field of play. Individuals should still seek to minimize physical contact wherever possible and should not engage in handshaking, high fives, hugging or similar behavior.
Please limit the amount of personal belongings brought into HJSC.
General Hygiene Considerations
- Guests should wash their hands before and immediately following activities.
- Guests should avoid touching one’s face throughout activities.
- Guests should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash their hands, or sneeze/cough into their elbow.
Guests are encouraged to wear a mask during activities
Common Areas and Services
- Please follow all signage, markers and directions when inside HJSC.
- There is no access to the spectator seating, vending machine or changerooms at this time.
- Please respect the occupancy limits posted at the washrooms.
1. Collect your belongings and leave the court area at the end of your rental.
2. Please keep track of the time and be prompt in leaving the court to make room for the next group.
3. Please do not socialize or congregate in HJSC so that other guests are able to safely enjoy their sessions.
If guests do not adhere to these rules and protocols, they will be asked to leave HJSC.
Any violation of these rules may result in forfeit of the rental with no refund.
Sumemr 2021 Update –
At this time, HJSC will be doing court rentals to groups/ teams only.
We hope to resume individual dropin programs into the fall as restrictions continue to lift.
The Harry Jerome Sports Centre is the large white dome located at 7564 Barnet Highway in North Burnaby, approximately 1.5km east of the Hastings St. turn off to Simon Fraser University. Map here
Parking – view parking instructions here
During large events (January – April), the HSJC parking lot has controlled/paid parking. Please see attendants when you arrive and park only in assigned/ designated spaces. Vehicles improperly parked will be removed.
Additional overflow parking is 1km east at Barnet Park.
*NOTE – Do not block or park in the roundabout or on the highway. Observe all parking signage. Violators will be ticketed by the City and towed.*
There is no regular concession at the HJSC. Please inquire with the tournament director for details regarding a specific weekend. A number of restaurants are within close proximity – most located at Kensington Square (just up the Barnet on Hastings Street).
The HJSC hosts thousands of visitors each week. Contact the Facility Manager for more information on having signage up within the facility.