As of October 24, 2021, proof of double-dose vaccination must by provided to access some events, businesses and services, including for sport. Thank you for playing your part in upholding the Public Health Order and ensuring that sport can remain safely open.
Information for Volleyball BC Indoor Programs and Competitions
- Team Coaches, Managers and Personnel – Proof of vaccination is required for all individuals (12+ years) who are coaching, managing, or supporting a club team at VBC indoor competitions.
- Referees – Proof of vaccination is required from all referees age 12+ years who are registered, assigned, and paid through Volleyball BC and who are refereeing at indoor games.
- Spectators – proof of vaccination is required from all spectators age 12+ years attending VBC indoor programs and events.
For the groups outlined above, proof of vaccination will be checked upon entry to a VBC event or competition. Anyone without proof of vaccination and appropriate government-issued identification will not be able to enter.
General vaccination requirements for volleyball
Adult Indoor Volleyball
Proof of vaccination is required for adult (22+years) indoor volleyball. It is also required for youth aged 12+ years who are participating in sport programming that is primarily intended for adults.
Youth Indoor Volleyball
- No proof of vaccination is required for youth (21 years of age and younger) indoor volleyball.
Leaders and Supervisors of Youth Sport
Proof of vaccination is required for all supervisors (12+ years) who supervise or assist with youth sports. Supervisors refer to a person leading, supporting or assisting a sport activity, but who is not working as an employee.
Proof of vaccination is not required for employees working in sport activities or programming in their employment capacity. Note: some organisations may also have implemented their own policies for employees to require proof of vaccination as part of the terms of their employment.
- No proof of vaccination is required for youth or adults playing outdoor volleyball.
Proof of vaccination is required for spectators aged 12 years and older at any indoor volleyball, including practices, games, and tournaments whether ticketed or non-ticketed.
Please follow all facility requirements regarding proof of vaccination and mask use.
As per the province’s mask mandate, all individuals over the age of 5 years must wear a mask at all times in public indoor spaces, apart from when they are participating on-court.
- Please respect and comply with all requirements set by facility operators.
- There are some regional health restrictions still in place for certain areas of BC. When deciding which restrictions apply, always follow whichever is strictest.