Monday HJSC Coed 6’s – Fall12 Weeks
- Date: September 11th 2017 - December 11th 2017
- Time: 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Location: Harry Jerome Sports Centre
- Format: Coed 6's
Still a few spots remaining for registration
This is a Coed 6’s League that takes place on Monday evenings at the Harry Jerome Sports Centre in Burnaby. Courts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be used.
The League is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs. League dates: September 11, 18, 25; October 2, 16, 23, 30; November 6, 20, 27; December 4, 11. No games on October 9 & November 13.
Teams will be divided into Pool A and Pool B for each round robin and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record. All teams must be available to play in both time slots due to possible reseeding.
Pool A plays 8:30-10:30 PM.
Pool B plays 6:30-8:30 PM.
The cost to play is $775 + GST per team.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Adult Program Manager at 604-291-2007 x 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register
1. Click on the “REGISTER“ button above to visit the Volleyball BC Registration Website.
2. Log in. New users must click on the “NEW MEMBERS” option to create a free account.
3. Click on “Register for an Adult league, tournament or skills clinic” at the top of the page under the welcome information.
4. A list of upcoming events will be listed in order by start date. Select “Fall League – Monday HJSC Coed 6’s.”
5. Select your team’s category of play, “AA, A, B, or C.” If you are unsure of your team’s skill level, please make an educated guess. The first night of league will be a seeding night.
6. Create and/or select a coed 6’s team. You are able to change your team name and edit your team roster after you are registered.
7. All teams will automatically be placed on the waitlist.
Returning Teams – Teams who played in the Monday HJSC Coed 6’s League last winter will receive Priority Registration. If your team name or team captain has changed, please notify the Adult Program Manager at email@example.com. Your team will be approved and you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. Your team is guaranteed a spot as long as you do this before the Priority Registration deadline. After this time, your spot will be released to the next team on the waitlist.
New Teams – After the Priority Registration deadline, remaining spots in the league will be released. If there is space, you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. You will need to do this ASAP.
8. Make your payment. Please note that the system only accepts Visa and MasterCard. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
9. You will receive a confirmation email with proof of payment.
Schedule | Results
Exclusions – October 9 & November 13.
|I’d Hit That|
|Registered Sets Offenders|
|Can You Dig It?|
|That”s What She Set|
|Some Spike It Hot|
|Just the Tip|
|Nuts & Bolts|
|Dry Bumping (Saboteur)|
|That’s What She Set|
|Mighty Morphine Power Rangers|
|Sets in the City|
|2 Legit 2 Hit|
Rules | Format
- First week is seeding, after which teams play in three week round robins, then playoffs during the last two weeks of play. Teams will be reseeded following each round robin with two teams moving up and down from each pool.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 rally point games, 25/25/15 with no cap on any game. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as the deciding set. If not enough points are scored in the third set, the match will be decided by the ratio of points for and against in the first two sets.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between the respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the scoresheet.
- 6 players – A complete team, with a minimum of 2 males, 2 females, and 2 other players.
- 5 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 2 players per gender.
- 4 or less players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-25. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-25.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Teams can have as many players as they like on their team roster.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (25-0, 0-25).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball is allowed on the first contact if it occurs during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The League Coordinator will make all final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, 604-291-2007 x 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- League Coordinator: Kyle Tam
Pictures | Videos
Spiked Punch – 2016 Pool A Late Winter League Champions
Trongalongadingdong – 2016 Pool B Late Winter League Champions
I’d Hit That – 2016 Pool A Early Winter League Champions
Goosed – 2016 Pool B Early Winter League Champions
Crocky Funsters – 2015 Pool A Late Fall League Champions
To Kill a Blocking Nerd – 2015 Pool B Late Fall League Champions
iSpike – 2015 Pool A Early Fall League Champions
Itsy Bitsy Spikers – 2015 Pool B Early Fall League Champions
Crocky Funsters – 2014 Pool A Late Fall League Champions
Cool Kids Club – 2014 Pool B Late Fall League Champions
Sloppy Sets – 2014 Pool A Early Fall League Champions
The Individuals – 2014 Pool B Early Fall League Champions