The Adult 2 Star Beach Provincial Championships is the final Volleyball BC 2 star tournament of the year. This event is open to all athletes (youth and adult) and will be played on Saturday, August 3 & Sunday, August 4, 2019. Cash prizing will be awarded.
How to Register
1. Click on the Register button to visit the Volleyball BC Registration Website
2. Log in (New users should click on the “New Members” option to create an account)
3. A list of volleyball events will be listed in order by date. Select the event.
4. Enter in the participant’s information (Name, Age, Contact info).
5. Make payment with the secure checkout (you will receive an email confirmation that you have been registered).
VBC Pro Tournaments - Important Information
- Teams must register by July 29th (NOON)
- All tournaments will be capped at 32 teams. This will be based on participation points (See Tournament Format below).
- If there are more than the maximum* number of teams registered, the teams with the lowest participation points will be bumped into the corresponding amateur tournament.
- You would be notified of this on Monday afternoon after the 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline. You would receive a partial refund for the difference in price as pro tournaments cost more than amateur tournaments.
- Partners can be changed until the Monday 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline. To change your partner, update your team name online.
- After the tournament deadline, it will cost $25.00 to change your partner and an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a partner switch with the following information:
- Reason for switch
- Original partner name (first & last)
- New partner name (first & last)
- 2 Star events will consist of AAA & AA divisions and 1 Star events will consist of A & B divisions.
- Placement into each division (AAA or AA / A or B) will be based on participation points. Once in a division, teams will be re-ranked based on average finish. Participation points are as follows:
- AAA (1st-16th) 16
- AA (17th & lower) 8
- A (1st-16th) 4
- B (17th & lower) 2
- Please note that AAA players are not permitted to participate in Amateur Series events, no matter who their partner is.
- Once in a division, teams will be re-seeded based on the following criteria:
- Total ranking points (average finishes) from the last year (2018) and the current year (2019). In the case of a tie, more weight will be placed on the most recent event.
- Subjective seeding (Volleyball BC Players Committee). Volleyball BC reserves the right to make final decisions on seeding.
- Teams can apply for a wildcard berth. Wildcard applications will be accepted and approved throughout the tournament registration process, up until the Monday 12:00pm (noon) deadline.
- Please email your wildcard application to email@example.com with the following information:
- Reason for wildcard application
- Beach volleyball experience (both partners)
- Indoor volleyball experience (both partners)
- The VBC Player’s Committee will discuss all applications and approve deserving Wild Cards as needed.
- Teams may withdraw prior to the Monday 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline minus a $25.00 admin fee. Notification of a cancellation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of both teammates (first & last)
- Tournament Date
- Name for the refund cheque & mailing address
- If a team requests a refund because they were bumped to an amateur event, they will not be charged the admin fee.