Volleyball BC is a non-profit organization that actively encourages participation and fosters the development of Volleyball in B.C. and we’re looking to hire a Marketing and Communications Manager. Interested? keep reading and follow the instruction to apply.
We are looking for a qualified, enthusiastic individual to lead the integrated marketing and communications efforts of the organization to increase the profile of the sport, increase participation in BC and connect with the Volleyball BC members and the rest of the volleyball community. The position will also be responsible for maintaining and developing new partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
The successful candidate will be an outgoing, articulate individual who is used to working in a team atmosphere. He/she must be available to work weekends and evenings as well as regular office hours. Our offices are located at the Harry Jerome Sports Centre in Burnaby, BC home to six volleyball courts dedicated to adult and youth recreational and competitive play.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 19, 2018
START DATE: November 15th, 2018 (Negotiable depending upon current work situation)
- Post-Secondary Education and experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team with little supervision
- Possess a proven record of successful integrated marketing & communications campaigns
- 3-5 years of communications and/or experience – preferably in sports
- Strategic thinker, strong executer
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Lightroom)
- Experience managing email campaigns (5,000+ recipients) and related software (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Raise the profile of Volleyball BC in and around BC through strategic marketing initiatives.
- Service volleyball community and membership with regular communication.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To create and implement an on-going integrated marketing & communications plan for the organization that fully aligns public relations, sponsorship & promotions, web and social media with a long-lens strategic outlook, as well as day-to-day editorial management.
- To maintain all website activities including, but not limited to, content creation, main page daily editorials, and all content input from all staff members.
- Develop and execute a calendar to organize direct-to-consumer editorial strategy. Content creation for e-newsletters, social media and daily news stories.
- Spokespeople management including media and message training.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all of the organizations members and key stakeholders through all forms of communication devices.
- Generate revenue through building and maintaining partnerships and creating a sponsorship package for the organization and special events.
- Material development including web content, press releases, media kits, briefing materials and social media content.
- Reporting and analysis of media coverage, web metrics and event results.
- Develop and maintain a network of media and execute media relations.
- Forge strong relationships within the organization and throughout the volleyball community to curate and develop new and relevant content.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME, COVER LETTER, BRIEF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS PLAN (Maximum 2 pages) FOR THE ORGANIZATION, AND TWO PIECES OF WRITTEN EDITORIAL WORK WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS BY EMAIL TO: Chris Densmore, CEO, Volleyball BC at firstname.lastname@example.org