The Team BC Select is the pinnacle program for athletes in the Team BC Development Pathway. Athletes are identified that have future potential to excel and compete for Canada at international levels in the future.
The Team BC Select program will identify BC’s top athletes (18U), and select to train and compete at the Canada Cup. Athletes will train in a camp-based program for up to 12 days. Training is led by a full coaching staff and integrated support team to ensure athletes meet their full potential.
Team BC Select 18U – BC athletes born in 2006 & 2007 or later.
The extended 16-month age categories do not apply for the Team BC Select 18U program.
Last Update: September 28, 2023
Information tentative, & subject to change
Athlete Identification & Selection Process
Step 1 – Athlete Identification
Eligible athletes are identified for participation in a Team BC Select Program Final Selection Camp.
Athletes are identified in the following ways:
Identification Path A: Athlete Identification
Eligible Athletes who previously participated with the Team BC Red & Blue program in 2023 are invited to register and participate with the Team BC Select final selection camp. Eligible Athletes who have not previously participated may be identified and invited through observation in University & College leagues, previous Team BC & Volleyball Canada programs and/or the Volleyball BC Club Season.
Identification Path B: Open Video Identification
Eligible Athletes who have not been previously identified may submit a video application for identification to be invited to the program selection camp. Athletes who have received an invitation for the program do not need to submit a video for evaluation.
Registration: Opens February 1 at 10:00am, deadline is March 17 at 11:59pm
Athletes submission to be evaluated after the registration deadline, and to be notified by no later than mid-April.
- Please read the following document BEFORE registering in Sportlomo: Video Submission Details/Information
- Registration (Look for “2024 TBC Select (18U) Video Submission”) Details on how to register in Sportlomo can be found below.
To submit a request for identification. Please use the following forms:
Team BC Selection Criteria and Identification Matrix can be found HERE
Step 2 – Team BC Select Program Selection Camp
Eligible Athletes: BC athletes born in 2006 or later who have been identified and invited to participate in the program selection camp.
Number of Positions Available: up to 14 athletes to be selected training and the Canada Cup Competition. Up to 6 Training Alternates may be selected for training only.
Selection Policy & Criteria: Athlete selection for the Team BC Select Program will follow the Volleyball BC Selection Policy, and evaluated based on the Team BC Athlete Identification Matrix.
Team BC Select Selection Camp – Males & Females
Head Coach – TBA
Assistant Coaches – TBA
Head Coach – TBA
Assistant Coaches – TBA
Location: Kamloops – Thompson Rivers University (TRU) / Tournament Capital Centre
Date & Times: July 11 (check-in) / July 12 – 22, 2024
Accommodations: TRU Residence
Food: 3 meals/day TRU Food Services
Medical Services: Head Therapist & Student Therapist on-site at Kamloops Training
TBC Participant Agreement
Canada Cup – Volleyball Canada
Dates: July 24 – 28, 2024 (travel and check-in on July 23)
Location: Calgary, BC
Transportation: Chartered bus from Kamloops, BC
Travel Athlete: $3,300-$3,500
Fees include 10 days of training, performance services, Team BC apparel, travel and participation and transportation to the Canada Cup. Food and accommodation services will be provided for both competitions and training.
Training Alternate Athlete: $2,000
Fees include 10 days of training, performance services, Team BC apparel, Food and accommodation services will be provided for training block.
- Please CLICK HERE to create an account in our new registration system. Before clicking this link, please look below to find information on each individual program.
- Once you create an account, you will receive an email to activate your account. Please do this prior to attempting to register.
- Please select “Events” from the menu on the left or “Add” under events in the centre of the page. A list of volleyball events will be listed in order by date. Select the event. You may also filter the list by selecting appropriate Event Group
- Enter the purchaser’s information as prompted. Then enter the registration information as prompted.
- Make payment with the secure checkout (you will receive an email confirmation that you have been registered).