- This event has passed.
Wednesday SPANISH BANKS MEN’S 2’S – SUMMER 2022
June 29 @ 6:30 pm - August 24 @ 8:30 pm| TBA
*You are not required to purchase any additional Volleyball BC membership to participate in our Adult Leagues, Clinics, and Tournaments.
Any questions? Please contact the Adult Program Manager at [email protected]
Tuesday Spanish Banks Men’s 2s – Summer 2022 will run unless otherwise stated by BC Government. If your team is registered and chooses to suspend a week(s) you will NOT be refunded the session(s) if the league is allowed to run.
Volleyball BC Refund Policy – Click here
For other information, please contact the Adult Program Manager at [email protected]
- Each week teams will play a 3 team round robin with reseeding between pools every week.
- Playoffs will take place during the last week of league.
- All teams play best 2/3 sets per match, each set to 21; 3rd set to 15 if necessary (no cap on any game).
- Teams will play on the honor system (no refs).
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost, any ties will look at sets won and lost between the tied teams.
- 2 players on the court. A team consists of 2 males / 2 females (no co-ed teams)
- No new players may be picked up in the play-off week (players must have played at least once during the current session).
- Players are allowed to register a “designated sub”, but they must be registered with Volleyball BC prior to competition. If you have a designated sub, you are able to move up and down.
Incomplete Team & Default Team
- If a team is absent at match time, the team will be considered incomplete and they will lose the first set 0-21. If after 10 minutes if the team is still incomplete they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-21.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible to confirm that the correct score is recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie.
- No open hand tipping
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the serve.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team (NOTE: The block does count as a contact).
- The ball must pass over the net and completely between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his body or clothing (EXCEPTION: incidental contact of hair is not a fault).
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net, nor is it a fault when a player has incidental contact with the supports or support cables or referee stand.
- When setting the ball shoulders must be square to where you are setting the ball.
- A ball may never be carried or allowed to come to rest.
- Multiple contacts with the ball are allowed on the first contact if they occur during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body (service must take place with hand or arm)
- The league coordinator will make final on-site decisions. Further questions should be directed to the Adult Program Manager at the Volleyball BC office at [email protected].