TUESDAY SPANISH BANKS COED 6’S – Summer 2023
June 27 @ 6:30 pm - August 22 @ 8:30 pm| $565
Tuesday SPANISH BANKS coed 6s -Summer 2023
(If event is full please click waitlist)
This is a Coed 6’s League (8 weeks) that takes place on Tuesday evenings at Spanish Banks East in Vancouver. The league is broken is broken down into seeding, round robin matches and playoffs.
League dates: June 27; July 4, 18, 25; August 1, 8, 15, 22
No league: July 11
Priority Registration for Spring/Summer 2023 will be given to those who were registered in the 2019 Spring/Summer Leagues. The rationale for this is when Covid-19 hit and we had to cancel our outdoor programs it was communicated that Spring/Summer 2019 registrants will get priority registration the next time we were able to offer priority. This is the first time we are offering priority registration for outdoor leagues since Pre-Covid.
*PRIORITY REGISTRATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT Monday, April 17th.
*You are not required to purchase any additional Volleyball BC membership to participate in our Adult Leagues, Clinics, and Tournaments.
Any questions? Please contact the Adult Program Manager at [email protected]
Volleyball BC is using a new registration system with the help of Sportlomo.com.
If you experience any difficulties during the registration process, please contact SportLomo help at [email protected] (please CC [email protected] so you don’t lose your spot).
To register in the event, please first create an account.
Register by clicking HERE and selecting Tuesday Spanish Coed 6s – Summer 2023
After creating your account and logging into the system, you will see the event(s) available for purchase.
Follow the steps to register your team, create your roster and submit payment. Team captain/contacts should add themselves at the “Team Official” when registering. A minimum of 6 people must be added to a team’s roster to complete registration.
Each of your roster players will receive a link to complete their own account. Reminder that all players must be added to a team’s roster and have accepted their position on the team in order to be eligible to play. Only those on the roster will be allowed to play on the courts on their designated league night.
Important – Team Captains – please Activate your account (first email you receive) BEFORE you click through to accept your roster position on your team (second email you receive).
REGISTRATION GUIDE – CLICK HERE
Tuesday Spanish Coed 6’s – Schedule & Results
Tuesday Spanish Coed 6s – Summer 2023 will run unless otherwise stated by BC Government. If your team is registered and chooses to suspend a week(s) you will NOT be refunded the session(s) if the league is allowed to run.
Volleyball BC Refund Policy – Click here
For other information, please contact the Adult Program Manager at [email protected]
- First night is seeding, followed by pool play with one week of playoffs.
- Teams will be re-ranked each week, moving up and down between pools.
- 1st place – Up 2 pools; 2nd place – Up 1 pool; 3rd place – Down 1 pool; 4th place – Down 2 pools
- Teams play best 2 of 3 rally point sets to 21/21/15, capped at 21/21/15. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as a deciding set. If not enough points are scored, match is decided by total points in first two sets.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by sets won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the scoresheet.
- 6 players – A complete team, with a minimum of 2 players of each gender on the court.
- 5 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 2 players per gender.
- Various pairings that are allowed include: 3 males 3 females, 2 males 3 females, 3 males 2 females, 2 males 4 females, etc. in order to play as a complete team.
- 4 players or less – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-21. A team with less than two of each gender is also considered incomplete. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-21.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (21-0, 0-21).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- A service order must be established and maintained.
- No open hand tipping.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team.
- The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing.
- Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball are allowed on the first contact if they occur during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The league coordinator will make final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, [email protected].