- This event has passed.
Tuesday HJSC Coed 6’s – Summer 2023
July 4, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - August 22, 2023 @ 10:30 pm| $600
This is a Coed 6s League that takes place on Tuesday evenings at the HJSC in Burnaby.
The League is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs. League dates: July 4, 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22
Teams will be divided into Pool A and Pool B for each round robin and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record.
Pool A plays 8:30-10:30 PM.
Pool B plays 6:30-8:30 PM.
*Teams registered must be available for either timeslot.
There will not be priority registration for Summer 2023 and registering for Summer 2023 program will not grant you priority registration for future seasons.
The cost to play is $600 + GST per team.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Adult Program Manager at [email protected]
Volleyball BC has launched a new registration system with the help of Sportlomo.com.
If you experience any difficulties during the registration process, please contact SportLomo help at https://sportlomo.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/group/7
To register in the event, please first create an account.
Register by clicking HERE and selecting Tuesday HJSC Coed 6s – Summer 2023
After creating your account and logging into the system, you will see the event(s) available for purchase.
Follow the steps to register your team, create your roster and submit payment. Team captain/contacts should add themselves at the “Team Official” when registering. A minimum of 6 people must be added to a team’s roster to complete registration.
Each of your roster players will receive a link to complete their own account. Players that don’t accept their position on a roster may not be permitted to play.
Important – Team Captains – please Activate your account (first email you receive) BEFORE you click through to accept your roster position on your team (second email you receive).
Sunday John Oliver Women’s 6’s – Schedule & Results – Click here
- First week is seeding, after which teams play in a three week round robin, two week round robin, then playoffs during the last two weeks of play. Teams will be reseeded following each round robin with four teams moving up and down from each pool.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 rally point games, 25/25/15 with no cap on any game. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as the deciding set. If not enough points are scored in the third set, the match will be decided by the ratio of points for and against in the first two sets.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between the respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the scoresheet.
- 6 players – A complete team.
- 5 players – Team may compete with no penalty.
- 4 or less players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-25. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-25.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (25-0, 0-25).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball is allowed on the first contact if it occurs during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- A libero (back row specialist) is permitted if a different color shirt is worn.
- The League Coordinator will make all final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at [email protected].
Notorious D.I.G. – 2016 Pool A Winter League Champions
Waffles – 2016 Pool B Winter League Champions
Subs – 2016 Pool C Winter League Champions
Notorious D.I.G. – 2015 Pool A Fall League Champions
That’s what she set – 2015 Pool B Fall League Champions
Volley Dollies – 2015 Pool A Winter League Champions
Chicklets – 2015 Pool B Winter League Champions
Volley Dollies – 2014 Pool A Fall League Champions
I’d Hit That – 2014 Pool B Fall League Champions