SUNDAY HJSC COED 6’S -WINTER 2022
January 9, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - April 3, 2022 @ 10:30 pm| $875
winter registration opens november 1 | 12 noon
This is a Coed 6’s League that takes place on Sundays evenings at the Harry Jerome Sports Centre in Burnaby. Courts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 will be used.
The League is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs. League dates: January 9, 16, 23, 30; February 6, 13, 27; March 6, 13, 20, 27; April 3
No league: February 20
Teams will be divided into Pool A and Pool B for each round robin and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record.
Pool A plays 8:30-10:30 PM.
Pool B plays 6:30-8:30 PM.
*Teams registered must be available for either timeslot.
There will not be priority registration for Winter 2022 and registering for Winter 2022 program will not grant you priority registration for future seasons.
The cost to play is $875 + GST per team.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Adult Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter 2022 Sunday 6s League will run unless otherwise stated by BC Government. If your team is registered and chooses to suspend a week(s) you will NOT be refunded the session(s) if the league is allowed to run.
Volleyball BC’s Refund Policy – Click here
For other information, please contact the Adult Program Manager at email@example.com
- First week is seeding, after which teams play in three week round robins, then playoffs during the last two weeks of play. Teams will be reseeded following each round robin with two teams moving up and down from each pool.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 rally point games, 25/25/15 with no cap on any game. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as the deciding set. If not enough points are scored in the third set, the match will be decided by the ratio of points for and against in the first two sets.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between the respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the scoresheet.
- 6 players – A complete team, with a minimum of 2 males, 2 females, 2 other players.
- 5 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 2 players per gender.
- 4 or less players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-25. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-25.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Teams can have up to 8 players on their team roster.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (21-0, 0-21).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball is allowed on the first contact if it occurs during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The League Coordinator will make all final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, 604-291-2007 x 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- League Coordinator: TBD