Abuse Free Sport – The Canadian Sport Helpline is a national toll-free helpline offering assistance to victims or witnesses of harassment, abuse or discrimination in sport.
- Phone or Text – 1-888-83SPORT / 1-888-837-7678
- 8AM-8PM Eastern Time 7 days a week
- Email – email@example.com
- Canadian Sport Helpline (printable pdf )
Responsible Coaching Movement – The Responsible Coaching Movement (RCM) is coordinated by the Coaching Association of Canada and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport that has the potential to affect all sports organizations and coaches. The RCM is a call to action for organizations to implement realistic change based on their individual state of readiness.
Respect in Sport – The Respect in Sport Activity Leader/Coach Program educates youth leaders, coaches, officials and participants (14-years and up) to recognize, understand and respond to issues of bullying, abuse, harassment and discrimination (BAHD). Our Activity Leader and Parent Programs are the Safe Sport Canada solution!
Canadian Centre for Child Protection – Commit to Kids – The Commit to Kids (C2K) for Coaches online training empowers coaches with practical information to help them enhance child and youth safety in sport. It highlights the importance of understanding boundaries, sexual misconduct and reporting inappropriate behaviour.
- Commit to Kids for Coaches
- Guidelines for Adults Interacting with Children in Sport (pdf)
- Steps for Reporting Child Sexual Abuse (pdf)
- Steps for Reporting Inappropriate Conduct (pdf)
Person in Authority – Ontario Volleyball Association
- Video (9min 50s) – Coaches play a vital role in shaping the youth of tomorrow through sport. Sport relies on coaches and other persons in authority to be role models and to put young athletes on a path to success. The dynamic between coach and athlete gives rise to a power imbalance and a culture of unquestioned trust that can result in abuse. As such, it is imperative that all persons in positions of authority be held to a high standard of conduct. Abuse in sport, particularly sexual abuse and the grooming behaviour that precedes it, destroys the positive impact of sport and causes untold harm to victims and those around them.