We are seeking candidates for 3 positions on the VBC Board of Directors:
- Vice-President (2-year term)– responsible for leading the Board, ensuring that the Board is organised properly and meets its obligations and responsibilities, and promoting member, public, and stakeholder relations.
- Athlete Representative (2-year term) – represents the interests of the high performance athletes, and responsible for liaison and communication between high performance athletes and the Board/VBC.
- Member-at-Large (2-year term)
For more information about the role, please review here: Board Role Description
Please note: The incumbents currently in these roles are seeking to remain on the Board. However, we welcome additional interested individuals in participating on the Board or supporting our work on Committees.
Volleyball BC has a skills-based and governance-focused Board. At this time, we particularly welcome individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Accounting and financial experience
- Legal and governance
- Marketing and communications
- Facility management
Volleyball BC is committed to encouraging diversity, inclusion, equity and access in its administration and governance. We support applications that reflect the diversity of our membership on our Board and Committees.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the VBC Board of Directors by completing the APPLICATION form and submitting a one-page bio and summary of experience to President of Volleyball BC at [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. on May 24, 2022.
A Nominations Committee will review all nominations and communicate them to members in advance of the 2022 Annual General Meeting, which will take place electronically on June 23, 2022 at 6.30pm PDT