Volleyball BC is a non-profit organization that actively encourages participation and fosters the development of volleyball in BC. As the provincial sport governing body, we are dedicated to making volleyball accessible to all British Columbians. Volleyball BC offers programs for athletes of all ages ranging from grassroots to high performance, as well as for coaches and officials.
We are seeking candidates for positions on the VBC Board of Directors:
- President (2-year term) – responsible for leading the Board, ensuring that the Board is organised properly and meets its obligations and responsibilities, and promoting member, public, and stakeholder relations.
- Treasurer (2-year term) – works with staff to keep financial records as are necessary to comply with the Societies Act; oversees the preparation of the yearly financial statements in a form satisfactory for audit; chairs the Finance and Audit Committee, and is responsible for coordinating all financial matters of the Society.
- Member-at-Large (2-year term)
For more information about the nominations process and the role of a Director on the Volleyball BC Board, please click here.
Volleyball BC has a skills-based and governance Board. At this time, we particularly welcome individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Accounting and financial experience (CPA-qualified) for the Treasurer role
- Sponsorship, corporate partnerships, and fundraising
Volleyball BC is committed to encouraging diversity, inclusion, equity and access in its administration and governance. We support applications that reflect the diversity of our membership on our Board and Committees.
A Nominations Committee will review all nominations and communicate them to members in advance of the 2023 Annual General Meeting, which will take place electronically on June 15, 2023 at 6.30pm PDT.
In addition to Board members, we also welcome expressions of interest from individuals interested in being involved in one of our Committees. Being on a Committee is a rewarding way to support volleyball in BC, develop new skills and relationships, and decide whether you might be interested in getting involved on the Board.
The following Committees are open for membership:
- Finance and Audit Committee
- HR and Governance Committee
- Awards Committee
- Pacific Volleyball Society Board – note: this is a partnership Board established by Volleyball BC, the Richmond Olympic Oval, and Volleyball Canada to support the Women’s National Team in Richmond.