HJSC FACILITY ATTENDANTS
The Harry Jerome Sports Center (HJSC) is accepting applications for Facility Attendants. These positions are ideal for post-secondary students looking for regular weekly shift(s) that complement their class schedule.
This is a part-time position. Shifts are:
Weeknights (Mon-Fri) from 4-11:30pm.
Weekends (Sat & Sun) from 8am-4pm and 3-11:00pm
We are currently looking for staff to help cover the December break. Also looking for Jan-Apr coverage.
A regular weekly schedule is set at the beginning of each term/ season. Staff are expected to cover their set/ weekly shifts.
Staff may switch/cover nights as needed for flexibility.
$18.00/hr (PT/ hourly position)
Reporting to the Facility Manager, primary responsibility include maintaining facility operations and janitorial duties while assisting with facility events and providing customer service.
The position responsibilities may include:
- Providing assistance and customer service to facility patrons
- Front desk responsibilities – rental groups contracts, dropin
- Nightly cleaning and restocking of bathrooms
- General facility cleaning and janitorial duties
- Ensuring the premises are secure
- Facility opening/ closing duties
- Assisting VBC staff with various projects
- Completing financial transactions
- Providing general first aid attention and related paperwork
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Facility Manager
This position requires individuals who are able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Reliable—must cover your shift(s) each week
- Friendly—superior customer service skills as you represent Volleyball BC
- Familiarity with the sport, tournaments, and player draws an asset
- Standard First Aid Certification an asset
- Access to reliable transportation is helpful (HJSC is on a bus route with stops directly outside)
How to apply
Please forward your resume and covering letter to the HJSC Manager (email@example.com)
Volleyball BC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.