- This event has passed.
July 13 @ 8:00 am - July 15 @ 5:00 pm| $150
Main Draw & Qualifier Teams
Now in its 27th year, the Vancouver Open – Presented by Volleyball BC is a three-day beach volleyball tournament run by Volleyball BC and featuring the best pro beach volleyball players from Canada, North America, and destinations worldwide. The event takes place at famous Kits Beach in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia and offers the largest pro beach volleyball purse in Canada.
The event attracts over 20,000 spectators each year and offers activities for all ages including a youth volleyball tournament, prize giveaways, interactive crowd activities, food and beverages, and some of the best beach volleyball action in North America. The Vancouver Open is free to attend and draws visitors from all over Canada and North America. The event will also have live streaming coverage of the semi-finals and finals on Sunday. Event updates will be posted on the Volleyball BC Facebook and Twitter pages throughout the tournament.
Wildcard Application Deadline: Monday July 2nd @ 11:59pm PST.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, July 8 @ 11:59pm PST.
This is the final event of the Volleyball BC Pro Beach Tour.
For more information, visit the Vancouver Open website.
Important registration dates can be found on the main “Indoor Leagues” webpage.
1. Click on the “REGISTER“ button above to visit the Volleyball BC Registration Website.
2. Log in. New users must click on the “NEW MEMBERS” option to create a free account.
3. Click on “Register for an Adult league, tournament or skills clinic” at the top of the page under the welcome information.
4. A list of upcoming events will be listed in order by start date. Select “Fall League – Thursday HJSC Coed 4’s.”
5. Select your team’s category of play, “AA, A, B, or C.” If you are unsure of your team’s skill level, please make an educated guess. The first night of league will be a seeding night.
6. Create and/or select a coed 4’s team. You are able to change your team name and edit your team roster after you are registered.
7. All teams will automatically be placed on the waitlist.
Returning Teams – Teams who played in the Thursday HJSC Coed 4’s League last winter will receive Priority Registration. If your team name or team captain has changed, please notify the Adult Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your team will be approved and you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. Your team is guaranteed a spot as long as you do this before the Priority Registration deadline. After this time, your spot will be released to the next team on the waitlist.
New Teams – After the Priority Registration deadline, remaining spots in the league will be released. If there is space, you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. You will need to do this ASAP.
8. Make your payment. Please note that the system only accepts Visa and MasterCard. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
9. You will receive a confirmation email with proof of payment.
|Fast back to you|
|Bling it On!|
|That”s What She Set|
|Bananas and Eggs|
|Kiss My Airs|
|Powered By Vicodin|
- First week is seeding, after which teams play in three week round robins, then playoffs during the last two weeks of play. Teams will be reseeded following each round robin with two teams moving up and down from each pool.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 rally point games, 21/21/15 with no cap on any game. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as the deciding set. If not enough points are scored in the third set, the match will be decided by the ratio of points for and against in the first two sets.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between the respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the scoresheet.
- 4 players – A complete team, with a maximum of 2 players of each gender on the court.
- 3 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 1 player per gender.
- 2 or less players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-21. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-21.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Teams can have as many players as they like on their team roster.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (21-0, 0-21).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball is allowed on the first contact if it occurs during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The League Coordinator will make all final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, 604-291-2007 x 225 or email@example.com.
- League Coordinator: Joyce Wong
Gold Members – 2016 Pool A Winter League Champions
That’s What She Set – 2016 Pool B Winter League Champions
Itsy Bitsy Spikers – 2015 Pool A Fall League Champions
Fantastic 4 – 2015 Pool B Fall League Champions
Fantastic 4 – 2015 Pool A Winter League Champions
We Dig 4Play – 2015 Pool B Winter League Champions
Gold Members – 2014 Pool A Fall League Champions
Phluorescent Phenoms – 2014 Pool B Fall League Champions