Tuesday HJSC Women’s 6’s – Fall (LATE)
September 22 @ 8:30 pm - December 8 @ 10:30 pm| $875
This is a Women’s 6s League that takes place on Tuesday evenings at the Harry Jerome Sports Centre in Burnaby. Courts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be used.
The League is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs. League dates: September 22, 29; October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 3, 10, 17, 24; December 1 & 8.
Teams will be divided into Pool A and Pool B for each round robin and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record.
Pools A & B plays 8:30- 10:30 PM (inclusive of check-in time)
There will not be priority registration for Fall 2020 and registering for a Fall 2020 program will not grant you priority registration for future seasons. Teams that played in Winter 2020 will receive priority registration for Fall 2021 if Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
The cost to play is $875 + GST per team.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Adult Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who are over 65 years, immuno-compromised, or who have underlying health conditions are deemed to be higher risk. Underlying health conditions include hypertension, diabetes, COPD/asthma, cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease, and higher thromboembolism risk. Volleyball is not recommended for these individuals. Those who live with high-risk individuals should consider their participation carefully.
Volleyball BC has launched a new registration system with the help of Sportlomo.com.
If you experience any difficulties during the registration process, please contact SportLomo help at Support@sportlomo.com
To register in the event, please first create an account.
Register by clicking HERE and selecting Tuesday HJSC Women’s 6s – FALL (LATE)
After creating your account and logging into the system, you will see the event(s) available for purchase.
Follow the steps to register your team, create your roster and submit payment. Team captain/contacts should add themselves at the “Team Official” when registering. A minimum of 6 people (max of 8) must be added to a team’s roster to complete registration.
Each of your roster players will receive a link to complete their own account. Players that don’t accept their position on a roster may not be permitted to play.
Important – Team Captains – please Activate your account (first email you receive) BEFORE you click through to accept your roster position on your team (second email you receive).
Please know that we have taken, and will continue to take many precautions in our programs to maintain participant and staff safety during this COVID-19 Pandemic. Some of these precautions include:
- Enhanced facility cleaning
- Modified programs and lesson plans
- Modified check-in procedures
- Cohorts of 100 or less
- Masks are required to be worn at ALL times inside the facility, unless on the court.
If at any time, the Local, Provincial, or Federal Health Authorities provide amended guidelines, we will adjust accordingly.
Participants must stay home if:
- they don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- someone in their household has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- they have traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
- someone in their household has traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
- they have been in contact with a known/presumptive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- First week is seeding, after which teams play in three week round robins, then playoffs during the last two weeks of play. Teams will be reseeded following each round robin with four teams moving up and down from each pool.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 rally point games, 25/25/15 with no cap on any game. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as the deciding set. If not enough points are scored in the third set, the match will be decided by the ratio of points for and against in the first two sets.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between the respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the scoresheet.
- 6 players – A complete team.
- 5 players – Team may compete with no penalty.
- 4 or less players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-25. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-25.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Teams can have up to 8 players on their team roster.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (25-0, 0-25).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball is allowed on the first contact if it occurs during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- A libero (back row specialist) is permitted if a different color shirt is worn.
- The League Coordinator will make all final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, 604-291-2007 x 225 or email@example.com.
- League Coordinator: TBD
Notorious D.I.G. – 2016 Pool A Winter League Champions
Waffles – 2016 Pool B Winter League Champions
Subs – 2016 Pool C Winter League Champions
Notorious D.I.G. – 2015 Pool A Fall League Champions
That’s what she set – 2015 Pool B Fall League Champions
Volley Dollies – 2015 Pool A Winter League Champions
Chicklets – 2015 Pool B Winter League Champions
Volley Dollies – 2014 Pool A Fall League Champions
I’d Hit That – 2014 Pool B Fall League Champions