Sunday Richmond Coed 6’s – Winter
January 20 @ 7:00 pm - April 7 @ 10:00 pm| $475
League is full.
This is a Coed 6’s League that takes place on Sunday evenings at Richmond Secondary School in Richmond. Both the large gym (Courts 1 & 2) and small gym (Court 3) will be used.
The League is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs. League dates: January 20, 27; February 3, 10, 24; March 3, 10, 17 & April 7. No games on February 17, March 24, or March 31.
Teams will be divided into Pool A and Pool B for each round robin and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record. All teams must be available to play in both time slots due to possible reseeding.
Pool A plays 8:30-10:00 PM.
Pool B plays 7:00-8:30 PM.
The cost to play is $475 + GST per team.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Adult Program Manager at 604-291-2007 x 225 or email@example.com.
Important registration dates can be found on the main “Indoor Leagues” webpage.
1. Click on the “REGISTER“ button above to visit the Volleyball BC Registration Website.
2. Log in. New users must click on the “NEW MEMBERS” option to create a free account.
3. Click on “Register for an Adult league, tournament or skills clinic” at the top of the page under the welcome information.
4. A list of upcoming events will be listed in order by start date. Select “Winter League – Sunday Richmond Coed 6’s.”
5. Select your team’s category of play, “AA, A, B, or C.” If you are unsure of your team’s skill level, please make an educated guess. The first night of league will be a seeding night.
6. Create and/or select a coed 6’s team. You are able to change your team name and edit your team roster after you are registered.
7. All teams will automatically be placed on the waitlist.
Returning Teams – Teams who played in the Sunday Richmond Coed 6’s League last fall will receive Priority Registration. If your team name or team captain has changed, please notify the Adult Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your team will be approved and you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. Your team is guaranteed a spot as long as you do this before the Priority Registration deadline. After this time, your spot will be released to the next team on the waitlist.
New Teams – After the Priority Registration deadline, remaining spots in the league will be released. If there is space, you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. You will need to do this ASAP.
8. Make your payment. Please note that the system only accepts Visa and MasterCard. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
9. You will receive a confirmation email with proof of payment.
Sunday Richmond Coed 6’s – Schedule & Results
Exclusions – February 17; March 24 & 31.
- First one or two weeks are seeding, after which teams play in three week round robins, and playoffs during the last two weeks of play. Teams will be reseeded following each round robin with two teams moving up and down from each pool.
- There will be a reseed on the 3rd night of a round robin cycle (3 weeks), where teams will be reseeded based on their results from the previous 5 matches, and play one more game. If you win that last game you will take the highest seed within that game.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 rally point games, 21/21/15 with a cap at 23 on the first two games and no cap on the third game. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as the deciding set. If not enough points are scored in the third set, the match will be decided by the ratio of points for and against in the first two games.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between the respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the draw sheet.
- 6 players – A complete team, with a minimum of 2 males, 2 females, and 2 other players.
- 5 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 2 players per gender.
- 4 or less players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first set 0-21. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second set 0-21.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Teams can have as many players as they like on their team roster.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (21-0, 0-21).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball is allowed on the first contact if it occurs during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The League Coordinator will make all final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, 604-291-2007 x 225 or email@example.com.
- League Coordinator: TBD
BPS – 2016 Pool A Winter League Champions
Spikes ‘R Us – 2016 Pool B Winter League Champions
How I Set Your Mother – 2015 Pool A Fall League Champions
Mental Block – 2015 Pool B Fall League Champions
No Height & 1 White – 2015 Pool A Winter League Champions
Sweet Volley High – 2015 Pool B Winter League Champions