Sunday Coquitlam Coed 4’s
May 24 @ 6:30 pm - August 15 @ 8:30 pm| $525
This is a coed 4’s league that takes place on Sunday evenings from 6:30 PM until dusk at the Town Centre Park beach volleyball courts in Coquitlam. Teams are comprised of four team members with a maximum of two per gender. Teams will be divided into pools and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record.
The league is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs.
League Dates: May 24, 31; June 7, 14, 21, 28; July 5, 12, 19, 26; August 9, 16. No league on August 2.
League Coordinator: TBD
Cost: $525 (+GST)
To register in the event, please first create an account.
Teams returning from Summer 2019 Monday & Thursday leagues will receive Priority Registration. An automated email will be sent, prompting them to register.
New teams can add themselves to the waitlist on March 13th by clicking HERE and selecting Monday Coquitlam Coed 4s
After creating your account and logging into the system, you will see the event(s) available for purchase.
Follow the steps to register your team, create your roster and submit payment.
Each of your roster players will receive a link to complete their own account. Reminder that all players must be added to a team’s roster to be eligible to play.
Important – Team Captains – please Activate your account (first email you receive) BEFORE you click through to accept your roster position on your team (second email you receive).
Sunday Coquitlam Coed 4s – Schedule & Results
Exclusions – August 2nd.
- First night is seeding, followed by pool play with one week of playoffs.
- Teams will be re-ranked every few weeks, moving up and down between pools.
- Teams play best 2 of 3 rally point games. 21/21/15, third game cap at 15. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as a deciding set. If not enough points are scored, match is decided by total points in first two games.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the draw sheet.
- 4 players – A complete team, with a maximum of 2 players of each gender on the court.
- 3 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 1 player per gender.
- Less than 3 players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first game 0-21. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second game 0-21.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (21-0, 0-21).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- A service order must be established and maintained.
- No open hand tipping.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team.
- The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing.
- Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball are allowed on the first contact if they occur during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The league coordinator will make final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at email@example.com.