- This event has passed.
- Date: July 2nd 2017
- Time: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Location: Spanish Banks East
The Spanish Amatuer is 2-on-2 beach volleyball tournament that takes place in Spanish Banks East in Vancouver, B.C. The beach will be shared a youth tournament happening the same weekend.
VBC Tournament Series - Important Information
- Teams must register by 12:00pm (noon) the Monday before a tournament. This is a strict deadline.
- All tournaments will be capped at 32 teams. This will be based on participation points (See Tournament Format below).
- If there are more than the maximum* number of teams registered, the teams with the lowest participation points will be bumped into the corresponding amateur tournament.
- You would be notified of this on Monday afternoon after the 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline. You would receive a partial refund for the difference in price as pro tournaments cost more than amateur tournaments.
- Partners can be changed until the Monday 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline. To change your partner, update your team name online.
- After the tournament deadline, it will cost $25.00 to change your partner and an email must be sent to email@example.com to request a partner switch with the following information:
- Reason for switch
- Original partner name (first & last)
- New partner name (first & last)
- Pro Series events will consist of AAA & AA divisions and Amateur Series events will consist of A & B divisions.
- Placement into each division (AAA or AA / A or B) will be based on participation points. Once in a division, teams will be re-ranked based on average finish. Participation points are as follows:
- AAA (1st-16th) 16
- AA (17th & lower) 8
- A (1st-16th) 4
- B (17th & lower) 2
- Please note that AAA players are not permitted to participate in Amateur Series events, no matter who their partner is.
- Once in a division, teams will be re-seeded based on the following criteria:
- Total ranking points (average finishes) from the last year (2014) and the current year (2015). In the case of a tie, more weight will be placed on the most recent event.
- Subjective seeding (Volleyball BC Players Committee). Volleyball BC reserves the right to make final decisions on seeding.
- Teams can apply for a wildcard berth. Wildcard applications will be accepted and approved throughout the tournament registration process, up until the Monday 12:00pm (noon) deadline.
- Please email your wildcard application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Reason for wildcard application
- Beach volleyball experience (both partners)
- Indoor volleyball experience (both partners)
- The VBC Player’s Committee will discuss all applications and approve deserving Wild Cards as needed.
- Teams may withdraw prior to the Monday 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline minus a $25.00 admin fee. Notification of a cancellation must be sent to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of both teammates (first & last)
- Tournament Date
- Name for the refund cheque & mailing address
- If a team requests a refund because they were bumped to an amateur event, they will not be charged the admin fee.