- This event has passed.
June 30 @ 9:00 am - July 1 @ 6:00 pm| $90
Registration Opens – April 16th, 2018
The Penticton Pro event is the Okanagan region’s pro tour stop and the fourth and last event prior to the tour concluding event (Vancouver Open). The Penticton Pro takes place at Skaha Beach on Canada Day weekend which means big crowds and warm weather.
This event features 24 teams in both the Men’s and Women’s Pro divisions. The tournament begins on Saturday with pool play, and all teams will have a few matches to play on Sunday as well (different from our Lower Mainland events).
This event is part of the Volleyball BC Pro Beach Tour. (Follow the link for all results & Videos)
- Teams must register by 12:00pm (noon) the Monday before a tournament. This is a strict deadline.
- All tournaments will be capped at 24 teams. This will be based on participation points (See Tournament Format below).
- Partners can be changed until the Monday 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline. To change your partner, update your team name online.
- After the tournament deadline, it will cost $25.00 to change your partner and an email must be sent to email@example.com to request a partner switch with the following information:
- Reason for switch
- Original partner name (first & last)
- New partner name (first & last)
- Pro Series events will consist of AAA & AA divisions and Amateur Series events will consist of A & B divisions.
- Placement into each division (AAA or AA / A or B) will be based on participation points. Once in a division, teams will be re-ranked based on average finish. Participation points are as follows:
- AAA (1st-16th) 16
- AA (17th & lower) 8
- A (1st-16th) 4
- B (17th & lower) 2
- Please note that AAA players are not permitted to participate in Amateur Series events, no matter who their partner is.
- Once in a division, teams will be re-seeded based on the following criteria:
- Total ranking points (average finishes) from the last year (2017) and the current year (2018). In the case of a tie, more weight will be placed on the most recent event.
- Subjective seeding (Volleyball BC Players Committee). Volleyball BC reserves the right to make final decisions on seeding.
- Teams can apply for a wildcard berth. Wildcard applications will be accepted and approved throughout the tournament registration process, up until the Monday 12:00pm (noon) deadline.
- Please email your wildcard application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Reason for wildcard application
- Beach volleyball experience (both partners)
- Indoor volleyball experience (both partners)
- The VBC Player’s Committee will discuss all applications and approve deserving Wild Cards as needed.
- Teams may withdraw prior to the Monday 12:00pm (noon) registration deadline minus a $25.00 admin fee. Notification of a cancellation must be sent to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of both teammates (first & last)
- Tournament Date
- Name for the refund cheque & mailing address
- If a team requests a refund because they were bumped to an amateur event, they will not be charged the admin fee.