- This event has passed.
Monday Spanish Coed 4’s – Summer7 Week League
- Date: June 26th 2017 - August 28th 2017
- Time: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Location: Spanish Banks East
This is a coed 4’s league that takes place on Monday evenings from 6:00 PM until dusk at Spanish Banks East in Vancouver. Teams are comprised of four team members with a maximum of two per gender. Teams will be divided into pools and will move between the pools based on their win/loss record.
The league is broken down into seeding, round robin matches, and playoffs.
League Dates: June 26; July 10, 17, 24, 31; August 21, 28. No league on July 3, August 7 & 14.
League Coordinator: Sadie Wilson – email@example.com
The cost to play is $295 + GST per team.
How To Register
1. Click on the “REGISTER“ button above to visit the Volleyball BC Registration Website.
2. Log in. New users must click on the “NEW MEMBERS” option to create a free account.
3. Click on “Register for an Adult league, tournament or skills clinic” at the top of the page under the welcome information.
4. A list of upcoming events will be listed in order by start date. Select “Summer League – Monday Spanish Coed 4’s (for new teams to the league -opens May 1st) or PRIORITY REGISTRATION Summer League – Monday Spanish Coed 4’s (for teams that played in the Spring Start league)”
Returning Teams – Teams who played in the Monday Spanish Coed 4’s League this spring will receive Priority Registration. If your team name or team captain has changed, please notify the Adult Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your team will be approved and you will receive an automated email reminding you to log back in to the system and complete payment to finalize registration. Your team is guaranteed a spot as long as you do this between April 24th, 2017 – Sunday April 30th (midnight). After this time, you will need to registered in the open registration with all other new teams.
New Teams – After the Priority Registration deadline of Midnight April 30th, Registration will open May 1st for teams to join the league. This will be a first come first serve basis and there will be NO waitlist for these leagues.
5. Select your team’s category of play, “AA, A, B, or C.” If you are unsure of your team’s skill level, please make an educated guess. The first night of league will be a seeding night.
6. Create and/or select a coed 4’s team. You are able to change your team name and edit your team roster after you are registered.
8. Make your payment. Please note that the system only accepts Visa and MasterCard. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
9. You will receive a confirmation email with proof of payment.
Cancellations – July 3 & August 7 & 14.
Rules / Format
- First night is seeding, followed by pool play with one week of playoffs.
- Teams will be re-ranked each week, moving up and down between pools.
- 1st place – Up 2 pools; 2nd place – Up 1 pool; 3rd place – Down 1 pool; 4th place – Down 2 pools
- Teams play best 2 of 3 rally point sets to 21, win by 2. First two games cap at 25, third game cap at 15. One team must score at least 5 points for the third game to count as a deciding set. If not enough points are scored, match is decided by total points in first two games.
- Results will be based on matches won versus lost and any ties will be broken by games won versus lost, and if need be, points won versus lost between respective teams.
- Winning teams must record their scores on the draw sheet.
- 4 players – A complete team, with a maximum of 2 players of each gender on the court.
- 3 players – Team may compete with no penalty; however, they must have a minimum of 1 player per gender.
- Less than 3 players – Team is considered incomplete and will lose the first game 0-21. If after 10 minutes the team is still incomplete, they will be considered a complete default and lose the second game 0-21.
- No new players may be picked up in playoffs. Players must have played at least once during the current regular session.
- Captains are responsible for informing their team of all policies and procedures.
- Captains are responsible for confirming that correct scores are recorded. If no score is recorded, the match will be considered a tie (21-0, 0-21).
- Teams are responsible for refereeing themselves. Please be honest.
- A service order must be established and maintained.
- No open hand tipping.
- The ball may be contacted no more than three times in succession by a team. The block does not count as a contact.
- While crossing the net, the ball may touch the net, even during the service action.
- The ball must cross over the net between the antennae to remain in play.
- A player may not contact the net with any part of his/her body or clothing. Incidental contact of hair is not a fault.
- It is not a fault when the force of an opponent’s contact of the ball hitting the net causes a player to contact the net.
- It is not a fault when a player has incidental contact with posts, support cables, or referee stands.
- A ball may not be carried or allowed to come to rest in a player’s hands.
- Multiple contacts with the ball are allowed on the first contact if they occur during one attempt to play the ball.
- The ball may be contacted with any part of the body; however, service must take place with the hand or arm.
- The league coordinator will make final on-site decisions. Please direct other questions or concerns to the Adult Program Manager at the VBC office, 604-291-2007 x 225 or email@example.com.