- This event has passed.
August 25 @ 8:30 am - August 26 @ 6:00 pm| $50 – $150
1. Click on the “REGISTER“ button above to visit the Volleyball BC Registration Website.
2. Log in. New users must click on the “NEW MEMBERS” option to create a free account.
3. Click on “Register for an Adult league, tournament or skills clinic” at the top of the page under the welcome information.
4. A list of upcoming events will be listed in order by start date. Select “Grass Provincial Championships R4, R2 or Coed 6”
5. Select your team’s category of play, “AA, A, B, or C.” If you are unsure of your team’s skill level, please make an educated guess.
6. Create and/or select a team. You are able to change your team name and edit your team roster after you are registered.
8. Make your payment. Please note that the system only accepts Visa and MasterCard. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
9. You will receive a confirmation email with proof of payment.
Registration Fee’s will go up by 5$ a person on August 1st, 2018.
Rules for R2’s & R4’s
RALLY POINT scoring
SERVES that touch the net are live.
ROTATION of servers is mandatory, not rotation of court positions.
RECEPTION of hard-driven balls may be taken in a volley , all other receptions must be an overhand pass with hands touching! NOT allowed to volley a serve, a free ball, or a non hard-driven ball (roll shot, cobra, a pass).
DEFINITION OF HARD-DRIVEN BALL is when a player attempts a full swing, with a follow through
ATTACKS may be a hit, a roll or closed-hand! NOT allowed to tip or block a 3rd ball over! NOT allowed to contact the ball entirely on the opponents’ space / plain.
VOLLEYS over the net must be square from shoulders & feet.
BLOCKS do not count as a touch! NOT allowed to interfere before / during the 3rd hit by penetrating! NOT allowed to direct the block, no breaking of the wrist.
MALE SPECIFIC RULES:
- Men may only initiate back row ATTACKS.
- Men may only BLOCK men, this includes soft blocking of women.
- Balls must fully pass over opponents’ attack line if you are inside your attack zone (3 metre line).
- For men ON or INFRONT of the attack line on 3rd hit: ! NOT allowed to jump! NOT allowed to hit ball downwards, it has to have an upward arc.
Results & Photos will be posted after the event