Loading Events
  • This event has passed.

Friday Atomic COED (Surrey)

  • Date: April 20th 2018 - June 8th 2018
  • Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
  • Location: Cambridge Elementary


In partnership with the Tong Louie YMCA, Volleyball BC is excited to offer a fun program for children in Surrey!

Atomic Volleyball is for young players aged 9 – 12 years old. Sessions are held weekly, usually as part of an 8 week block. Atomic Volleyball focuses on the basic volleyball skills in a fun environment and is an ideal introduction to the sport of Volleyball!

Time: 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Dates: April 20 – June 8, 2018 (8 weeks)
Location: Cambridge Elementary, 6115 150 St, Surrey, BC
Cost: $89
Skill Level: All skill levels welcome (Boys / Girls: 9 – 12 years old)

Registration for this event is done through the YMCA of Greater Vancouver over the phone (credit card only) by calling 604-631-5525 or in person (credit/debit/cash) at the Tong Louie YMCA. 

Interested in volunteering with this program at the YMCA? We are looking for lead coaches (must be 18+) and assistant coaches (must be 15+). Contact Roz at rcampbell@volleyballbc.org for further information.


Registration is done through the Tong Louie YMCA.

Registration for Winter will only be processed over the phone (credit card only) by calling 604-631-5525 or in person (credit/debit/cash). You can call Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm, or come into the Tong Louie YMCA during those same hours. We are located in the communities office on the main floor beside the pool at 14988 57 Ave, Surrey, BC.

Financial Assistance

KidSport BC

  • Financial assistance for league or club fees for children and youth.
  • Apply to the chapter in the city or town that you live in. If you do not see your city or town on the list, apply directly to KidSport BC.

Click HERE


  • Financial assistance for sport or recreation participation fees for children and youth.
  • Phone the number provided for information about how to apply.

Click HERE

Local recreation centre

  • For volleyball programs offered by local government recreation departments or YMCA/YWCAs, these organizations often have financial assistance programs to reduce the cost of programs offered in their facilities for residents living on low income.
  • Search the website of the city or town that you live in or the YMCA/YWCA for “fee subsidy”, “leisure access”, “recreation access” or “financial assistance” programs. Different organizations may name their program differently, but these are common names for assistance programs.
  • Visit your neighbourhood recreation center, public swimming pool, YMCA/YWCA, or city/town hall and ask if they can give you information about financial assistance for recreation programs, or refer you to someone who can provide this information.
  • Some organizations only provide financial assistance for children and youth, while others also provide assistance to adults on low income.

Note: These programs typically assess family income to determine eligibility for financial assistance, not just the income of the individual applying.