Updated March 24 @ 1:30 PM PDT
The health and safety of our volleyball community is – and will always be – our primary concern.
The announcements by the provincial and federal governments highlight the need for everyone to play an increased part in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
We strongly recommend that all volleyball activities cease immediately.
We should not be getting together in groups and engaging in activities that involve social contact. Please play your role and cease all indoor and outdoor volleyball activities at this time.
Social distancing is the best way to decrease the risk of exposure and spreading of COVID-19. If you’re unsure what exactly social distancing is, it is:
- avoiding crowded places and non-essential gatherings
- avoiding common greetings, such as handshakes or hugs
- limiting contact with people at higher risk (e.g. older adults and those in poor health)
- keeping a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others, as much as possible
For more information on social distancing, click HERE to be taken the Government of Canada website.
As of March 16, 2020, Volleyball BC has suspended events, programs and activities.
A full list of cancellations and postponements can be found below. We will assess the situation and information as it becomes available and will continue to update the website.
The Harry Jerome Sport Centre will be closed to the public until week of April 6, at which point we will further evaluate the situation.
Volleyball BC believes that we – and our clubs and teams included – have a social responsibility to take proactive measures. We strongly recommend that all of our members follow public health guidelines and that volleyball activities cease immediately to limit potential exposure and spread of the virus.
We will continue to monitor all appropriate medical and public safety advice, and we will encourage our members to take all reasonable precautions. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent. Until then, we thank you, our members and your families, for your patience and hope you stay healthy.
VOLLEYBALL BC – YOUTH CLUB EVENTS
- March 16-19 – Spring Break Camps – CANCELLED
- March 21-22 – Team BC Training Camp #3 – Delta – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 16U Girls A Super Series – Langley – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – -16U Boys Super Series – Victoria – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 13-16U Boys Super Series – Victoria – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 17-18U Boys Super Series – Langley – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – 17-18U Girls Super Series – Kelowna – CANCELLED
- March 28/29 – Development Coach Workshop – Fraser Valley – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 – Advanced Development Coach Workshop – Fraser Valley – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 and 10-13 – ALL Regional Championships – various locations – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 – 15U Girls Tournament – Langley and Burnaby – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 – 16U Girls Tournament – Victoria and Nanaimo – CANCELLED
- April 10-13 – Island Championships – Vancouver Island – CANCELLED
- April 17-19 – 17-18U – Provincial Championships – Richmond – CANCELLED
- April 18-19 – 12U Girls – Provincial Championships – Burnaby – CANCELLED
- April 24-26 – 13-14U Girls, 13-14U Boys – Provincial Championships – Abbotsford – CANCELLED
- May 1-3 – 15U, 16U Girls, 15U, 16U Boys – Abbotsford – Provincial Championships – CANCELLED
- May 7-10 – 14U Boys, 14U Girls – Abbotsford – National Championships – CANCELLED
VOLLEYBALL BC – ADULT EVENTS
All Adult Winter and Spring Indoor Leagues have been CANCELLED.
SPRING BEACH LEAGUES at Spanish Banks and Kits Beach have been CANCELLED.
- March 22 – HJSC Adult Skills clinics – Burnaby – CANCELLED
- April 4/5 -Adult Indoor Provincial Championships – Richmond Oval – CANCELLED
VOLLEYBALL BC – YOUTH CLINICS
The start of Atomic and Train and Play programs will be DELAYED until the week commencing April 13. Please check the individual web pages for program updates.
If you contract COVID-19 and have attended a Volleyball BC event within 14 days, please notify Alex Pappas at email@example.com.
We recognize that this is an evolving situation and our commitment is to provide you with up-to-date information as it becomes available. Any questions can be directed to Alex Pappas, Manager of Volleyball Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, see the links below.