BC Sport Leadership Conference
The BC Sport Leadership Conference provides opportunity for leaders, educators, and coaches to come together in a quest for excellence. By targeting a multi-sport environment we aim to provide opportunity for accelerated growth and development in leadership and education.
The BC Sport Leadership Conference works with partner sport organizations to deliver advance leadership expertise and coach education in the province.
BC Sport Leadership Conference
Date: Sunday January 14th, 2018
Location: Sheraton Vancouver Airport Conference Centre – 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
Times: 9:00AM – 4:00PM
The BC Sport Leadership Conference is for leaders and coaches seeking to learn new perspectives on some of the most pressing and personal challenges in our practice. How do we foster leadership and growth in our athletes? How do we help them grow the mental side of their game? How do we become the best coach we can be for our individual athletes? These, and many more, are some of the questions that are addressed by presenters at the annual BC Sport Leadership Conference.
Eligible for 3 NCCP Professional Development (PD) credits.
Information on the BC Sport Leadership Conference package for volleyball coaches…
Volleyball BC Coaching Symposium
Date: Saturday January 13th, 2018
Location: Richmond Christian School – 10260 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC (Gymnasium)
Times: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
The Volleyball BC Coaching Symposium is an opportunity to learn from the experience and expertise of some of the best coaches and leaders in our sport. Topics will include practice and drill ideas, team systems, position specialization and how to incorporate mental training, strength training and nutrition into your season.
Presenters for the 2018 Volleyball BC Coaching Symposium:
- Brent Crouch – Head Coach USC Trojans (NCAA Division 1 – Pac 12 Conference), former University of Portland (NCAA Division 1 – West Coast Conference), USA Volleyball Coach, US Collegiate National Team Coach, Ph.D (Oregon) in Philosphy, Indoor and Beach volleyball enthusiast.
- Gina Schmidt – Head Coach SFU Clan (NCAA Division 2 – GNAC), former Team Canada Women’s National Team assistant coach.
- Ryan Adams – Head Coach Team Canada Youth Women, Program Lead Coach for the Volleyball Canada Centre of Excellence programs.
- Terry Liskevych – Head Coach USA Women’s Volleyball 1985-1996 (Bronze 19990 World Championships, Bronze Barcelona Olympics 1992, Gold Grand Prix 1995), Head Coach Oregon State (NCAA Division 1 – PAC12), c0-founder of The Art of Coaching Volleyball.
- Dr. Adrienne Leslie Toogood – Chair of the Canadian Sport Psychology Association, Director of Sport Psychology Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba, adjunct faculty at the University of Manitoba, has attended multi-sport games from the Canada Games to the Olympics and Paralympics, and has traveled extensively with a wide range of teams.
NCCP Development Coach Workshop
Date: January 12th – 14th, 2018
Location: Richmond Christian School – 10260 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC (Gymnasium) & Sheraton Vancouver Airport Conference Centre – 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
- Development Coach Workshop: Friday Jan 12th, 2018 7:00PM – 9:00PM (check-in opens at 6:30) @ Richmond Christian School – 10260 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC (Gymnasium)
- Volleyball BC Coaching Symposium: Jan 13th, 2018 9:00AM – 5:00PM (check in opens at 8:15AM) @ Richmond Christian School – 10260 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC (Gymnasium)
- BC Sport Conference: Saturday Jan 14th, 2018 9:00AM – 5:00PM (check-in opens at 8:00AM) @ Sheraton Vancouver Airport Conference Centre
Volleyball Canada’s NCCP Development Coach workshop will be offered in conjunction with the BC Sport Leadership Conference and Volleyball BC Coaching Symposium. Coaches interested in adding the NCCP workshop will attend of all three components (NCCP Workshop, Volleyball BC Coaching Symposium, and the BC Sport Leadership Conference) over the course of the weekend.
Please note: Volleyball Canada has created a series of E-Learning modules to support coaches in their coaching education pathway. Prior to registering for the Development Coach Workshop coaches are required to complete the E-Learning modules offered online. Please link to the Volleyball Canada Coaching Centre and create an account. The eLearning modules are located under the “Status” tab and take approx. 4-5 hours to complete.
Please plan ahead as the e-modules must be completed before commencing the course.
For registration information, or to register for any of the above programs, please refer to the appropriate section below.