harry jerome sports centre
The Harry Jerome Sports Center is a 53,000 sf sports facility located in Burnaby, BC. (20 mins from Downtown Vancouver).
It is the primary programming location for many volleyball & other sporting events as well as the home of the Volleyball BC offices.
Looking for a venue for your upcoming tournament or event? The HJSC can be rented by the court/hour or as a facility!
**Summer 2020 – COVID-19 Update**
Please download the Harry Jerome Sports Centre Re-opening plan HERE.
The HJSC has resumed rentals to small groups (max 6 players on the court) as of July 2020.
Court rentals will be available:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 8-10pm
Saturdays from 3-5pm and 5:30-7:30pm
Rate for each 2hr session is $120 total (taxes included)
In adherence with BC Health guidelines, groups are allowed a maximum of 6 participants (total) per court. Example – 3 vs 3 maximum.
All rentals pre-pay in full at the time of booking. Cancellations within 72 hours will receive 50% of the rental as credit towards a future booking. Cancellations made within 24 hours will not be refunded.
Rentals must be made by email – email@example.com
Please review all information below regarding COVID-19 Protocols and update facility procedures.
Each member of your rental group must bring a completed waiver.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters must be practiced at all times on and off the court.
- Please bring your own volleyballs. HJSC will not be lending balls for use by rental groups at this time.
- There must be no more than 6 individuals (3 per side) on a court.
- No blocking at the net.
To maintain occupancy limits, only individuals involved in an activity will be permitted inside HJSC.
The current maximum capacity for the HJSC is 70 individuals.
Spectators are not permitted. (Parents/guardians may escort their child inside for drop off/pick up only, providing that it does not compromise occupancy limits).
- Please limit the amount of personal belongings brought into HJSC.
- You will be advised where to place your belongings in the facility.
- There must be no sharing of water bottles, towels or other personal items.
General Hygiene Considerations
- Guests should wash their hands before and immediately following activities.
- Guests should avoid touching one’s face throughout activities.
- Guests should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash their hands, or sneeze/cough into their elbow.
Guests should consider wearing a mask and gloves
Common Areas and Services
- Please follow all signage, markers and directions when inside HJSC.
- There is no access to the spectator seating, vending machine or changerooms at this time.
- Please respect the occupancy limits posted at the washrooms.
Payment will be online, by phone or contactless. Cash payment is not permitted at this time.
1. Collect your belongings and leave the court area, following the directional signage.
2. Please keep track of the time and be prompt in leaving the court so that we can clean it between sessions.
3. Do not socialise or congregate in HJSC or in the parking lot so that other guests are able to safely enjoy their sessions.
If guests do not adhere to these rules and protocols, they will be asked to leave HJSC.
Any violation of these rules may result in forfeit of the rental with no refund.
**THERE WILL BE NO DROP-IN AT HJSC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE**
View the dropin schedule and rules here
The Harry Jerome Sports Centre is the large white dome located at 7564 Barnet Highway in North Burnaby, approximately 1.5km east of the Hastings St. turn off to Simon Fraser University. Map here
Parking – view parking instructions here
During large events (January – April), the HSJC parking lot has controlled/paid parking. Please see attendants when you arrive and park only in assigned/ designated spaces. Vehicles improperly parked will be removed.
Additional overflow parking is 1km east at Barnet Park.
*NOTE – Do not block or park in the roundabout or on the highway. Observe all parking signage. Violators will be ticketed by the City and towed.*
There is no regular concession at the HJSC. Please inquire with the tournament director for details regarding a specific weekend. A number of restaurants are within close proximity – most located at Kensington Square (just up the Barnet on Hastings Street).
The HJSC hosts thousands of visitors each week. Contact the Facility Manager for more information on having signage up within the facility.
A SPECIAL NOTE:
It is important that all individuals understand that when you choose to participate in physical activities outside the home during the pandemic you are at an increased risk of contracting COVID-19. This is an inherent risk of participating in non-essential activities in your community.
There may be other user groups at HJSC during your visit which may increase your risk
of contracting COVID-19. All guests should know the common symptoms of COVID-19 and stay away if displaying symptoms.
Guests who are over 65 years, immuno-compromised, or who have underlying health conditions are deemed to be higher risk. Underlying health conditions include hypertension, diabetes, COPD/asthma, cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease, and higher thromboembolism risk. Volleyball is not recommended for these individuals. Those who live with high-risk individuals should consider their participation carefully.