HJSC Facility Attendant For Jan -Apr 2018
The Harry Jerome Sports Centre is accepting applications for part-time facility attendants for the Winter 2018 season (Jan 2018-May 2018).
Hours: Position is Part-time. Shifts are:
Weeknights (Mon-Fri) from 4pm-11:30pm
Weekends (Sat & Sun) from 8am-4pm and 3pm-11pm
Ideal candidate is able to work at least one week night and one weekend shift per week.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, your primary responsibility include maintaining facility operations & janitorial duties while assisting with facility events and providing customer service.
This position responsibilities may include:
- Providing assistance and customer service to facility patrons
- Working with rental groups to facilitate activities
- Nightly cleaning and restocking of bathrooms
- General facility cleaning and janitorial duties
- Ensuring the premises are secure
- Facility opening/ closing duties
- Assisting VBC office staff with various projects
- Completing financial transactions
- Providing first aid attention and related paperwork
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Facility Manager
This position requires individuals who are able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior customer service skills
- Standard First Aid Certification an asset
- Familiarity with the sports tournaments and player draws an asset
- Access to reliable transportation
Wage: $13.75/hr (hourly position)
Forward resume and cover letter to the HJSC Manager
Email – email@example.com
Atomic Volleyball Coach
Atomic Volleyball is an 8 week program designed for 9-12 year old athletes and Volleyball BC is looking for energetic coaches to lead community Atomic Volleyball Programs across the province.
Atomic Volleyball Programs Available (Fall 2017):
Penticton Community Centre (Penticton)
All coaches will be paid an honorarium based on their experience and certification level (not required). Necessary training will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for a Atomic coaching position, please contact the person listed under the program that you’re interested in coaching.
Volleyball BC runs Adult Indoor Leagues in the fall (September until December) and winter (January until April) seasons across the Lower Mainland.
Successful candidates will be outgoing, responsible, and hard working. Responsibilities include assisting with net set-up, hosting captain’s meetings, communicating with league participants, collecting scores, scheduling, updating the website (including league standings on Google Docs), and facilitating prize giveaways. League Coordinators will be in regular communication with the Adult Program Manager.
League Coordinator Positions:
League shifts run from 6:00pm until 11:00pm at HJSC. Burnaby South will run 630pm – 1015pm, and Tupper will run 6:45pm – 10pm. Some additional administrative work may take place outside of these hours. League Coordinators will be paid 65$ for HJSC nights & 40$ for Burnaby South or Tupper.
- Monday Coed 6’s HJSC– September 11 through December 11, excluding October 9 & Nov 13.
- Monday Burnaby South Coed 6’s – September 11 through December 11, excluding October 9 & Nov 13.
- Tuesday Tupper Sec Coed 6’s – September 12 – November 7.
- Thursday Tupper Sec Women 6’s – September 14 – November 9.
- Thursday Coed 4’s & Men’s 6’s – September 14 through November 30.
- Knowledgeable about the game of volleyball an asset
- Good organizational, administrative, and communication skills
- Proactive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Education in sport administration, kinesiology, marketing, and communications an asset
- Standard first aid certification an asset
- Experience with webpage and social media management
- Access to reliable transportation
How to Apply Send résumé and cover letter to Bethany Tooke ASAP. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Fall Indoor Leagues begin on September 10.
In Person: Volleyball BC, 7564 Barnet Highway, Burnaby BC, V5A 1E7.