CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Volleyball BC is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to making indoor, beach and sitting volleyball accessible to all British Columbians. Our vision is one where every person in BC is enjoying quality participation opportunities, and every coach, official and athlete striving toward excellence according to their desires and abilities in the sport of volleyball.
Volleyball BC offers comprehensive programs for over 12,000 provincial athletes of all ages ranging from grassroots to high performance, as well as coaching and officials development. We also host provincial, national and international events that showcase the sport of volleyball to our members.
We work in partnership with 70 clubs plus Volleyball Canada, Volleyball Provincial Territorial Associations, Sport BC, U Sports, PacWest, BC School Sports, ViaSport, BC Gaming Commission, and the Provincial Government of BC.
We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Volleyball BC according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
The CEO of Volleyball BC is responsible for:
- Strategic leadership in keeping with Volleyball BC’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values
- Operational leadership as it relates to fulfillment of the Strategic Plan and oversight of core programs and events
- Volleyball community engagement and outreach
- Continued development of the management team (18 staff in total: 10 at HQ, 8 Regional) through a variety of means including Human Resources practices
- Financial accountability and risk management ($3.2M expenses/year)
- Resource development and partnerships
- Oversight of succession planning for Board and Staff
Sunday, June 23, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. PT
August 1, 2019 (Negotiable depending upon current work situation)
Salary and benefits (including matching RRSPs) commensurated with experience
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
Rayel Bausenhaus, Chair of the CEO Selection Committee