HJSC Facility Attendants
The Harry Jerome Sports Center (HJSC) is accepting applications for Facility Attendants. These positions are ideal for post-secondary students looking for regular weekly shift(s) that complement their class schedule.
This is a part-time position. Shifts are:
Weeknights (Mon-Fri) from 4-11:30pm.
Weekends (Sat & Sun) from 8am-4pm and 3-11:00pm
A regular weekly schedule is set at the beginning of each term/ season. Staff are expected to cover their set/ weekly shifts. Staff may switch/cover nights as needed for flexibility.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, primary responsibility include maintaining facility operations and janitorial duties while assisting with facility events and providing customer service.
The position responsibilities may include:
- Providing assistance and customer service to facility patrons
- Front desk responsibilities – rental groups contracts
- Nightly cleaning and restocking of bathrooms
- General facility cleaning and janitorial duties
- Ensuring the premises are secure
- Facility opening/ closing duties
- Assisting VBC staff with various projects
- Completing financial transactions
- Providing general first aid attention and related paperwork
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Facility Manager
This position requires individuals who are able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Reliable—must cover your shift(s) each week
- Friendly—superior customer service skills as you represent Volleyball BC
- Familiarity with the sport, tournaments, and player draws an asset
- Standard First Aid Certification an asset
- Access to reliable transportation (HJSC is on a bus route with stops directly outside)
$16.50/hr (hourly position)
How to apply
Please forward your resume and covering letter to the HJSC Manager (email@example.com)
Volleyball BC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Volleyball BC runs Adult Indoor Leagues in the fall (September until December) and winter (January until April) seasons across the Lower Mainland.
Successful candidates will be outgoing, responsible, and hard working. Responsibilities include assisting with net set-up, hosting captain’s meetings, communicating with league participants, collecting scores, scheduling, updating the website (including league standings on Google Docs), and facilitating prize giveaways. League Coordinators will be in regular communication with the Adult Program Manager.
Available League Coordinator Positions:
League shifts at Richmond Secondary and Tupper will run 6:45pm – 10pm. Some additional administrative work may take place outside of these hours. League Coordinators will be paid $40/night.
Sunday Richmond Secondary Coed 6s – September 22nd to December 1st
Monday Tupper Secondary Coed 6s – September 9th to November 18th
Thursday Tupper Secondary Women’s 6s – September 12th to November 21st
Knowledgeable about the game of volleyball an asset
Good organizational, administrative, and communication skills
Proactive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
Education in sport administration, kinesiology, marketing, and communications an asset
Standard first aid certification an asset
Access to reliable transportation
How to Apply:
Send resumé and cover letter to Erinne Babcock ASAP. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Fall Indoor Leagues begin in September 2019.
In Person: Volleyball BC, 7564 Barnet Highway, Burnaby BC, V5A 1E7.